2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
A Great Sporty Car
By Boston on 07/08/05 11:45 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My third Solara (had 4cyl and SLE). The V6 5spd is the best! Much more power(200hp) than 4 cyl and much more fun to drive than SLE. Not a sports car, but has a real sporty feel. If you really enjoy the driving experience, you must get the SE V6 5spd! Very quick acceleration, silky smooth and quiet, but responsive and sporty handling. Fine overall quality of workmanship (virtually trouble free). Great bet for the mid-lifer who didn't quite make it to that sports car.

Nice car but poor steering
By gordons on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is an excellent car (bought the 2002 SE V6 new)but the steering is fuzzy (doesn't track well). It takes a lot away from the driving experience for a sporty looking car with a V6.

Sporty, economical and FUN!
By DAVESQWIKTOY on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The Solara SE-V6 is a great vehicle. It has crisp power and acceleration, responsive handling through tight curves, minimal roll and good braking. The Solara is fun and easy to drive and the controls are easy to access and operate. There is plenty of room for four and it is a great road car. I get lots of complements on its looks, comfort, power and smooth ride. The only downfall I can think of is the amount of road and wind noise you hear when the rear seats are folded down.

Over all break even
By nufdude on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Over all break even.. Has good performance but in occassions the power lacks.. (v6-200hp engine). Fuel mileage is low comparatively.. stylish look so breaks even..

review of my Solara
By jmeitzen on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Very pleased. The 5th Toyota I've owned has the most power AND gets the best gas mileage of them all, plus is safer, smoother, and roomier. Wish I got a sunroof though. The back seat is a little hard to get into from driver's side, but roomy for a 2-door, but a little short on head room. Needs option for a graphic EQ & a deck that plays a CD w/MP3's but sound system is still above avg. I prefer rear wheel drive. Torque steer not bad; level largely determined by tires. Turning circle not as tight as a 96 Camry's. Anyway, I'm not selling the car anytime soon. Excellent value for quality, comfort, and power for the price.

Love this car!
By princess7093 on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This was not my first choice for a car. I was set on a Passat or an Audi A4. On a trip to toyota for a friend I saw it and decided to test drive it. It is a great car! The ride is especially smooth and the acceleration is a lot of fun. I am not sorry that I got my Solara. Expect the always excellent quality typical of Toyotas.

not impressed
By zippo on 06/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Rode in one that of friend owns. Can you say rattles? Actually considered buying one and I'm satisfied I didn't. The ride and mileage wasn't very impressive either.

i love this car
By bigatony on 05/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

i have had the pleasure of driving lexus, toyota, honda, and other types of cars and after very careful consideration to buying my first new car im 100% positive that i made the perfect choice in buying my 2002 solara

I love this car!!
By Sherry2431 on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a 2000 model Solara in January and have been driving it for 2 months. No problems so far. This is one of the best purchases I've ever made.

Love this car
By Byron49er on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is the most resonably price luxery, sports coupe on the market. Similar to the Accord but rare.