Used 2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE Coupe Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Amazing
By Tim Mitchell

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this Solara in 02 from an auto auction.
This car amazes me every day. We have 232000 miles on it and nothing ever goes wrong.
Just regular oil changes and thats it.
It runs smooth with no shaking, vibrating, noise, or rattles.
I seriously wonder if Lexus parts were used in this vehicle.
If you have a chance to get an 02 Solara, get it. It will prbably last another 10 years.
Amazing!!

I love my car
By jill

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Solara for 8 yrs. Never had major problems with it. It just hit 100,000 miles and still love my car. People find it hard to believe that the car is 8 yrs old. Recently bought a 2010 Camry sedan. Usually, I get the new car and my husband drives the old car. Since I still love my car, I did not want to give my Solara up, so my husband is driving the new car.

Still drives smooth after 8 yrs. Still has good pick-up for a 4 cylinder (I would be dangerous in a V6). Comfortable front seat (Do not sit in the back seat). Nice sized trunk. Sunroof.

Turning radius, light interior - no choice when I purchased the car. Wish opening in trunk could be larger (with seats down and putting items in the trunk). Husband complains about blind spots. I have learned to live with them.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Ladylilu

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car new and would've kept it until the wheels fell off, but a Dodge turned left in front of me and killed the car. But WOW, I can't believe how well my Solara did in the accident! She protected me well. I had the car for almost 6.5 years, 144,000 miles. Maintenance: Oil changes, battery and tires, brakes, tensioner, belts, catalytic converter (at ~135K), regular factory maintenance. Car was amazing. I miss it! I would trust the car to get me anywhere. 27mpg city (always), 30-32mpg highway (depending on if I was driving or my husband) :o). Buy one if you can!

Interior -- ritzy looking and comfortable. LOVED my JBL sound system.

Velour cloth seats were somewhat annoying, as my clothing kept getting bunched up against the back seat... Small annoyance, but one nonetheless.

So far so good
By MZT

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned the Solara now since Oct. 2003 and have to say that is proving very reliable and generally a pleasure to drive. Still has a nice "tight" ride with a very quiet cabin. It's the only car I've owned that has not developed a rattle or buzz of any kind. The engine doesn't feel or sound like a 4 cyl. but has lots of pick up and excellent gas mileage.

As I said the very quiet ride and I also like the elegant yet stylish interior and dash.

By only 35,000 KM. the Toyo tires were virtually bald. Toyota should have put a higher quality stock tire on this model.

Fun car to drive and easy to own
By Ray

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I would recommend this car to any buyer. It's extremely reliable, handles great, comfortable ride, power to spare and is just enjoyable to drive it.

Excellent sound system Roomy trunk