2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Yippeeee
By Spirit on 09/21/09 09:15 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a used 2002 Solara, I had always wanted a Solara but had a car so didn't need another one. Once my car hit rock bottom I purchased the Solara. It drives brand new, it handles the road with care, smoothly, gracefully. The person I purchased the car from took great care of it...no scratches on the exterior and the interior didn't look worn at all. As I write this review, the check engine light has came on so I'm going to my favorite mechanic to check it out, hopefully nothing expensive but the car is 7yrs old so I guess i can expect a little something. I will let you know if it was something major. Buy Toyota Solara!!!

Awesomely Surprised
By MNSargent on 11/03/08 18:27 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am surprised in the performance and most of all the gas mileage. I live in Los Angeles, my mom found this car in Hayward. I drove from Hayward to Los Angeles which was about 380ish miles I used a little more than a half of a tank. And still had enough to last me for the work weekend which ended it 500 miles to the tank. I have a lead foot so I was perhaps speeding. WOW. I like the V6 power and the sunroof. It is a fun car and I know Toyota are reliable. And I got the car under 65k miles so it is has a lot of life to go.

Fun, Reliable Car
By Kansas on 09/19/08 19:17 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Solara SLE new in July, 2002. Very reliable - I've put 70,000+ miles on it but have had NO mechanical problems whatsoever. Handles well - especially on curves. Average about 26- 27 MPG on highway. Handles very well in up to 6" of snow. V-6 has a lot of power. Overall fun car to drive!

Refined on a budget
By FSTRTHABTR on 08/14/06 01:53 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, I've only owned the car about 8 months, purchased it used for a private party, they kept records on everything this car went thru however, which was very little. To date, it's never been taken in for anything other than routine service. The only thing not absolutely pleasing about this car is the accommodation of someone of my height, at 6'2" I feel a little bit claustrophobic until I open the sunroof.

Best car I have ever owned
By ToyotaForever on 05/29/06 07:58 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I decided to give Toyota a try with the purchase of my 2002 Toyota Solara. This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. The only thing I have had to replace on this car in 4 years is tires and a battery.

Research pays off
By msupakeng on 07/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I relied on user reviews and Edmunds for months to help me find a new car to buy that I would be pleased with for years to come. I reveiwed several cars before choosing the Solara. It's sporty yet large enough to be practical. It accelerates quickly & breaks smoothly. I love my high quality automobile. I would recommend not only researching the cars themselves but also the financing. The only thing I dislike about my car is the sleazy dealership it came from. They ripped me off. I won't even drive my car by there let alone get it serviced there. So be sure to know all the facts about leasing & buying before you go to the dealership.

Love My Solara
By dollydodah on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My solara is fantastic. It's sporty on the outside and classy on the inside. Very comfortable for four adults. It's a keeper!

Runnemede
By H. Lyle Jones on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have really enjoyed the response. It is very manuverable in traffic. I switched from a full size Cadillac to the Toyota Solara and from day one I have been very pleased. I do not miss the Cadillac.

Not as good as expected
By S A Holt on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After five Camaros and reading Toyota's reviews, I decided to get one. The Toyota was more expensive, but I thought I would keep it longer due to reliabily claims. I really like overall look and handling of the car, but my experience has been less than great. The car has been in the shop more than my Camaro. I have had the Emissions Canister, Service Computer, Sun Visor, door panel and light in glove box replaced and I still have a rattle. This Toyota has had more rattles. The ride is very rough for a car this size (worse than Camaro). I can feel every bump in the road. I like the car, but I don't know if I would ever purchase one again.

Love the New Solara
By skd8433 on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

First Solara I've owned. Fun, flirty, elegant, practical and efficient to drive. Good placement of controls. Excellent looking interior and exterior.