2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
I love my car
By jill on 09/27/09 14:49 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Solara for 8 yrs. Never had major problems with it. It just hit 100,000 miles and still love my car. People find it hard to believe that the car is 8 yrs old. Recently bought a 2010 Camry sedan. Usually, I get the new car and my husband drives the old car. Since I still love my car, I did not want to give my Solara up, so my husband is driving the new car.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Ladylilu on 02/28/09 19:01 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car new and would've kept it until the wheels fell off, but a Dodge turned left in front of me and killed the car. But WOW, I can't believe how well my Solara did in the accident! She protected me well. I had the car for almost 6.5 years, 144,000 miles. Maintenance: Oil changes, battery and tires, brakes, tensioner, belts, catalytic converter (at ~135K), regular factory maintenance. Car was amazing. I miss it! I would trust the car to get me anywhere. 27mpg city (always), 30-32mpg highway (depending on if I was driving or my husband) :o). Buy one if you can!

So far so good
By MZT on 05/17/06 22:23 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned the Solara now since Oct. 2003 and have to say that is proving very reliable and generally a pleasure to drive. Still has a nice "tight" ride with a very quiet cabin. It's the only car I've owned that has not developed a rattle or buzz of any kind. The engine doesn't feel or sound like a 4 cyl. but has lots of pick up and excellent gas mileage.

Fun car to drive and easy to own
By Ray on 01/13/06 10:26 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I would recommend this car to any buyer. It's extremely reliable, handles great, comfortable ride, power to spare and is just enjoyable to drive it.

Must Buy Car!
By TOYOTA DRIVER on 04/19/05 00:39 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Drive smoothly, no major problem after 80K miles. Only down size was the price, but everything else is perfect.

great car
By fliptop on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Though I own a 4-cyl, automatic, the car gave me in excess of 35-mpg at 75 mph on a trip to Ny from Fla. Very comfortable, with 550 miles between fillups. the car is giving me about 30 mpg in everyday use. I'm 6'1", so I need the legroom of a midsize.

Smooth as Silk
By badjura on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchase this car after doin alot of homework...it has paid off. This vehicle is exactly what I was looking for - turn heads, be reliable, and don;t take me to the cleaners on pruchase or maintenance. It has held up its end of the bargain. Its a shame Toyota ruined the loos of the Solara with its 2004 modsel - man, its really overweight looking. My Solara will be with me many years to come as it has checked out with the leading consumer report magazine and has stellar reliability as most Toyota products do. Go for it, this car is a winner.

Thoughts On My Solara
By solara28 on 12/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Solara used; it was a year old with 28K miles on it. I have enjoyed this car since taking ownership of it. The ride is comfortable, the design pleasing on the outside, ergonomically logical on the inside. This car is like getting a Lexus for a bargain price. For a coupe, the interior is quite roomy, even the back seats. Despite being a used car, I have had not one problem with this vehicle (which is why I chose Toyota).

Not as good as my wife's Accord
By kmeister1 on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had driven a Honda Accord but thought they were a bit pricey when I went shopping for a new car. I bought the 2002 Solara during the big sales in June, 2002, when the dealer wanted to make room for the incoming 2003's. I was looking for a reliable, roomy, safe, 5-speed, 4 cylinder vehicle with decent fuel economy. I got all of those but the car handles poorly in wet weather (left turns are especially sloppy) and the thing is too noisy on the highway. Next time I'm in the market for a new car I'm going back to Honda.

Love this Ride
By Badjura on 08/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

All the reliability of the Camry, all the looks of a sports coupe, and all the luxury of a Lexus. It gets great gas mileage and the 2.4L engine has enough get up and go to satisfy. Big enough back seat to accomodate two adults in comfort and has a large trunk. You will not be disppointed if you choose to buy this car.