2002 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Good value
By DB on 08/22/09 01:04 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Have had for 4 years. Smooth, quiet, only replaced tires during this time. Dependable, and enjoyable to drive. Excellent sound system. Very reliable. Expect to have this car for many years to come.

Not too bad but could be better
By chin 2 on 11/29/08 17:20 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Our 1st convertible & although the top down is nice I am very disappointed with the mpg which is 19 not the 22-23I was hoping for. The leather is hard and the kids need to sit on pillows because of that. It has a squeak that's annoying when driving at low speeds. and the paint quality isn't great for a white pearl color. It is peppy and the radio/cd is nice. We had it for 3 months now and only got a valet key with it and now the dealer has to replace the ecm to have new master keys programmed and made. The ecm is free, keys aren't. Overall for 7300 price its an ok deal. I just wish I got better mpg, also it does have an occasional puff of smoke on start ups, aka valve seals worn, fun car though.

Still in love since 2002
By Kris Peterson Bogacz on 04/21/08 10:34 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new and have not had one mechanical problem (except the radio antenna replacement at 100,000 miles) thus far. The car still drives like a new Lexus, such a smooth ride at so many miles. Luxury and comfort--- I'm keeping this car as long as it allows me. No problems with convertible top to date. Had to replacement rear seat cupholder one time. Very flimsy.

Great Car
By RickH on 03/14/07 18:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the SLE Convertible used with 40K miles. It has been a great car. I added aftermarket heated seats (about $350) and an XM commander radio with PIE adaptor (it plays using the CD button and not with FM modulator). Normal oil changes and maintenance - car runs great and is a blast to drive on sunny days, especially in the spring and fall. Mileage is about 24/gallon. Quiet ride with the top up.

pikecology
By Pikecology on 02/13/07 16:58 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used; I love it except for the fair to poor gas mileage and noisy top lowering pistons.

Fun in the Sun
By CMA on 04/18/06 20:26 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the Solara as a Certified Used Toyota. The car gives a Lexus like ride. The V6 accelarates well and the transmission is smooth. The car is very comfortable on long trips.

My opinion
By LSC III on 06/21/05 14:37 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great automobile, fun to drive, mechanically solid, looks great, worth the time.

Fun to Drive
By Paul on 04/12/05 15:09 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned the 2002 Toyota Solara Convertable for 3 years now, and I still enjoy driving it, particularly around town, somewhat less so on the highway (especially with the top down, when wind noise can be tiring). For a convertible, you probably can't do better in this price range. I note a few rattles at high speeds, and lately the brakes "shimmy" when slowing from highway speeds, but I've had no mechanical trouble with this car-- just change the oil, rotate the tires, typical wonderful Toyota reliability.

Mid Life Crisis Averted
By Michele J. on 03/17/05 18:54 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

For years I've wanted a convertible. This is my 3rd Toyota.This is a great car and fun to drive. The only problem I have had is the convertible top. It seems to catch on the right rear side often. This causes the "lip" behind the back seat to tear. Other than that, no problems.

It Rocks !!!
By shank on 02/02/05 15:32 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Been almost 3 years not... but I can just say, that this car has lived up to my expectations. No major issues at all. Just a few trips to the shop for the top. Interiors are great, excellent space in the rear.