Used 2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Yippeeee
By Spirit

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a used 2002 Solara, I had always wanted a Solara but had a car so didn't need another one. Once my car hit rock bottom I purchased the Solara. It drives brand new, it handles the road with care, smoothly, gracefully. The person I purchased the car from took great care of it...no scratches on the exterior and the interior didn't look worn at all. As I write this review, the check engine light has came on so I'm going to my favorite mechanic to check it out, hopefully nothing expensive but the car is 7yrs old so I guess i can expect a little something. I will let you know if it was something major. Buy Toyota Solara!!!

smooth driving

nothing thus far

Awesomely Surprised
By MNSargent

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am surprised in the performance and most of all the gas mileage. I live in Los Angeles, my mom found this car in Hayward. I drove from Hayward to Los Angeles which was about 380ish miles I used a little more than a half of a tank. And still had enough to last me for the work weekend which ended it 500 miles to the tank. I have a lead foot so I was perhaps speeding. WOW. I like the V6 power and the sunroof. It is a fun car and I know Toyota are reliable. And I got the car under 65k miles so it is has a lot of life to go.

Gas mileage, sunroof, it is roomy in the back.

For a 2002 it is good.

Fun, Reliable Car
By Kansas

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Solara SLE new in July, 2002. Very reliable - I've put 70,000+ miles on it but have had NO mechanical problems whatsoever. Handles well - especially on curves. Average about 26- 27 MPG on highway. Handles very well in up to 6" of snow. V-6 has a lot of power. Overall fun car to drive!

Reliability! Leather/wood trim package looks classy. Heated seats. Great handling. Good gas mileage. Large trunk with fold down back seat. Roomy, comfortable back seat for adults. Quiet cabin. Windows allow good visibility overall. Fun, sporty car to drive. Looks and drives like a Lexus.

Paint chips and scratches easily. Back seat cup holders are "chinsy." Front passenger seat doesn't go back to original position after you move it forward to allow passengers in back seat - always have to readjust it. Parents - back seat area is not well designed for child safety seat use.

Refined on a budget
By FSTRTHABTR

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, I've only owned the car about 8 months, purchased it used for a private party, they kept records on everything this car went thru however, which was very little. To date, it's never been taken in for anything other than routine service. The only thing not absolutely pleasing about this car is the accommodation of someone of my height, at 6'2" I feel a little bit claustrophobic until I open the sunroof.

6 disc in dash cd changer and JBL speakers, on-dash rear bulb monitor, electronic climate control.

Tilt steering can feel awkward when seat is moved back to accommodate taller drivers, lumbar supports (optional) don't provide quite enough support, no steering wheel audio controls given the span you have to reach to operate the radio

Best car I have ever owned
By ToyotaForever

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I decided to give Toyota a try with the purchase of my 2002 Toyota Solara. This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. The only thing I have had to replace on this car in 4 years is tires and a battery.

Sleek design, reliability, overall performance.