2002 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Good value
By DB on 08/22/09 01:04 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Have had for 4 years. Smooth, quiet, only replaced tires during this time. Dependable, and enjoyable to drive. Excellent sound system. Very reliable. Expect to have this car for many years to come.

Still in love since 2002
By Kris Peterson Bogacz on 04/21/08 10:34 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new and have not had one mechanical problem (except the radio antenna replacement at 100,000 miles) thus far. The car still drives like a new Lexus, such a smooth ride at so many miles. Luxury and comfort--- I'm keeping this car as long as it allows me. No problems with convertible top to date. Had to replacement rear seat cupholder one time. Very flimsy.

Great Car
By RickH on 03/14/07 18:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the SLE Convertible used with 40K miles. It has been a great car. I added aftermarket heated seats (about $350) and an XM commander radio with PIE adaptor (it plays using the CD button and not with FM modulator). Normal oil changes and maintenance - car runs great and is a blast to drive on sunny days, especially in the spring and fall. Mileage is about 24/gallon. Quiet ride with the top up.

pikecology
By Pikecology on 02/13/07 16:58 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used; I love it except for the fair to poor gas mileage and noisy top lowering pistons.

Fun in the Sun
By CMA on 04/18/06 20:26 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the Solara as a Certified Used Toyota. The car gives a Lexus like ride. The V6 accelarates well and the transmission is smooth. The car is very comfortable on long trips.

My opinion
By LSC III on 06/21/05 14:37 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great automobile, fun to drive, mechanically solid, looks great, worth the time.

Fun to Drive
By Paul on 04/12/05 15:09 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned the 2002 Toyota Solara Convertable for 3 years now, and I still enjoy driving it, particularly around town, somewhat less so on the highway (especially with the top down, when wind noise can be tiring). For a convertible, you probably can't do better in this price range. I note a few rattles at high speeds, and lately the brakes "shimmy" when slowing from highway speeds, but I've had no mechanical trouble with this car-- just change the oil, rotate the tires, typical wonderful Toyota reliability.

It Rocks !!!
By shank on 02/02/05 15:32 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Been almost 3 years not... but I can just say, that this car has lived up to my expectations. No major issues at all. Just a few trips to the shop for the top. Interiors are great, excellent space in the rear.

BEST 4 PASSENGER CONVERTIBLE
By realtor steve on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We drove every convertible from $55k on down. Decided we wanted a 4 passenger car. This car is the best:lots of fun to drive, maybe not a real sports car but plenty fast and zippy. In fact it was faster off the line than either the Saab or Volvo convertibles. It was the most comfortable riding of all of them. I don't put a lot of mileage on, but I enjoy this car every day.

A Combination of Fun and Pratical
By Jdavis on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed this car every day I drive it. Several times a week I pat myself on the back for choosing this vehicle. It has room enough for adults, economical to operate, and is a car that should last for years. And yet, it is a blast to drive. I have had two minor items which needed to be repaired. The car is comfortable and solid. It has all the features I want. The wind and outside noise is low for a convertable, but is certainly more than hardtops. Most notable on interstate and around trucks. No regrets.