Used 2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

I love my car
By jill

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Solara for 8 yrs. Never had major problems with it. It just hit 100,000 miles and still love my car. People find it hard to believe that the car is 8 yrs old. Recently bought a 2010 Camry sedan. Usually, I get the new car and my husband drives the old car. Since I still love my car, I did not want to give my Solara up, so my husband is driving the new car.

Favorite Features

Still drives smooth after 8 yrs. Still has good pick-up for a 4 cylinder (I would be dangerous in a V6). Comfortable front seat (Do not sit in the back seat). Nice sized trunk. Sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius, light interior - no choice when I purchased the car. Wish opening in trunk could be larger (with seats down and putting items in the trunk). Husband complains about blind spots. I have learned to live with them.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Ladylilu

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car new and would've kept it until the wheels fell off, but a Dodge turned left in front of me and killed the car. But WOW, I can't believe how well my Solara did in the accident! She protected me well. I had the car for almost 6.5 years, 144,000 miles. Maintenance: Oil changes, battery and tires, brakes, tensioner, belts, catalytic converter (at ~135K), regular factory maintenance. Car was amazing. I miss it! I would trust the car to get me anywhere. 27mpg city (always), 30-32mpg highway (depending on if I was driving or my husband) :o). Buy one if you can!

Favorite Features

Interior -- ritzy looking and comfortable. LOVED my JBL sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Velour cloth seats were somewhat annoying, as my clothing kept getting bunched up against the back seat... Small annoyance, but one nonetheless.

So far so good
By MZT

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned the Solara now since Oct. 2003 and have to say that is proving very reliable and generally a pleasure to drive. Still has a nice "tight" ride with a very quiet cabin. It's the only car I've owned that has not developed a rattle or buzz of any kind. The engine doesn't feel or sound like a 4 cyl. but has lots of pick up and excellent gas mileage.

Favorite Features

As I said the very quiet ride and I also like the elegant yet stylish interior and dash.

Suggested Improvements

By only 35,000 KM. the Toyo tires were virtually bald. Toyota should have put a higher quality stock tire on this model.

Fun car to drive and easy to own
By Ray

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I would recommend this car to any buyer. It's extremely reliable, handles great, comfortable ride, power to spare and is just enjoyable to drive it.

Favorite Features

Excellent sound system Roomy trunk

Suggested Improvements

None

Must Buy Car!
By TOYOTA DRIVER

2002 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Drive smoothly, no major problem after 80K miles. Only down size was the price, but everything else is perfect.

Favorite Features

Quietness

Suggested Improvements

Lower the price on vehicle