2001 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
2001 Toyota Solara Convertible
By Rich Janes on 11/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

A typically well designed & engineered Toyota product.

Good Sporty car
By rscarawa on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchase this V6 5speed car about 6 months ago and have been very happy with it. It is a roomy 2 door coupe with similiar room to the camry. The engine is reasonably powerful and the interior rid is quiet. I have the JBL radio. It does pretty good but some songs seem to be unbalanced. The suspension is not sporty. It is very soft and there is much body roll. The clutch has a very smooth feel and the gears shift quickly. Gas mileage is 25 city and 31 hwy I added the TRD struts, springs and swaybar to improve the handling of the car. This makes the Solara handle like a much smaller car. If you like the small car feel, this is the way to go.

Easy on the brakes
By vetworker on 07/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great car, BUT, I had to replace the brakes TWICE and the tires once. The dealer said the brakes were not warranty items, except the brakes were replaced after only 6,000 miles! Something called a caliper kept sticking. The tires (crappy, soft Potenzas) had to be replaced after 15,000 miles. Expensive replacements.

A Great Car
By CaptainKirk on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. Fun to drive. Toyota reliablility and an outstanding value.

Typical Toyota
By Solarian on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Nothing bad to say. A fun car to drive.

Excellent Car
By itgetshotinaz on 04/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Solara is the only car in our two adult, no children home. We use it for everything from trips to the Home Depot to a night on the town. The Solara is a great two door car; fun for road trips and comfortable for commuting. Trunk space is great, back seats are roomy, pass thru is a savior. For the price, I don't think there is a better coupe on the road.

Comfortable, perfect size and yet sporty
By csimons23 on 02/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car. I had a Toyota Corolla, and then purchased the Solara. It is very comfortable to drive, sharp and full of class. Not too big, not too small, just right. I highly recommend a Toyota Solara!!!

love my car
By blondesetter on 11/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the most comfortable vehicle that I have ever owned. Even my 3 children like this vehicle. They say they have more room in the back seat then my other 4 door sedans. The folding rear seat makes all the difference. I love the sleak lines of my car. The only thing that disappoints me is the current trade in value. Not that I want ot trade, but I work in the industry and see what trade in is. Somewhere along the way someone forgot the true value of this vehicle!

My Toyota
By cheryle on 10/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love everything about my Toyota. Gas mileage could be better, I get 19 to 25, but a small price to pay for the looks, styling and comfort. I really do love my Toyota!!

what about resale
By resale? on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

First Toyota I have ever purchased, I have always driving "Ameican made" the car is everything I hoped except for the resale after one year the vehicle resale lost 1/3 of its value which surprised me with Toyota reputation of quality and resale value..