Used 2001 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Toyota Camry-solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Great Car
By Driver

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great Car. Bought used with 100K. I was kinda scared of high mileage, but reviews gave it an A grade so I took the risk and glad I did. Daily work driver and great on fuel, no problems... solid car still at 120K and 8 years old.

Favorite Features

Half sporty, half daily commute car, Fuel mileage, It will rise again $5.00 Gal?

Quality vehicle
By ld

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My first car, I like it. Fun to drive, great control & handling. The quality is as good as Toyota Camry, so you can see why its resale price is so high; but it has 2 doors, so it is good for young people if you do not have too many passengers. Only have check engine light on (wire broken, fix by $35), and clock/mirror off (fix $10), so it is very reliable. Definitely recommend to young people; not expensive, quality car.

Favorite Features

fun to drive, reliable, quality, cheap to fix

Suggested Improvements

exterior not attractive, trunk is too large, waste of space

Great Car!
By Solara Power

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It's an amazing car. I've added a Magnaflow exhaust system, and my 5M V6 sounds amazing. Love the V6. Great passing power. Handles well in snow. Love the JBL! system. The throws are a little long, but it is overall very smooth. Only down side is turning radius and handling in extremely tight quarters.

Favorite Features

V6 power, JBL! sound, AMAZING reliability.

Suggested Improvements

RWD, 3.5 liter engine, better turning radius, turbo, racing seats, shorter throws on the gear shifter.

My therapy
By Htees

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My Solara conv. has been the perfect 'crisis' vehicle for a family guy that wants to cruise, enjoy the fresh air, and still have the ability to take company along. The design draws compliments, the performance is adequate, and the comfort is outstanding. It could use a little more structural support and better suspension components, but other than that no real complaints. The top has proven VERY reliable and sound for a seven year old cloth top, and I have only treated it(water proofing)and had it retightened twice for minimal cost. So far reliability has been outstanding and I just turned 90,000.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride for a convertible and comfort for four people. Top and paint have held up well. Trunk is large for a vert, holds 2 golf bags AND 2 overnight/weekend bags. The dog loves it too.

Suggested Improvements

If I keep it, the suspension will be upgraded and the chasis stiffend with subframe supports.

I love this car
By Ellen in Charlotte

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I looked for a year for a used Solara convertible and I'm glad I waited. I have the 6-cyl and it drives like a sportscar. I have only done regular maintenance (did the 90K mi service), as it has needed nothing else. I plan to drive this car until it falls to pieces, which could be 10 more years. Comfort is great for the driver and passenger, the back seat passengers have complained a bit. And, of course, it's a bit noisy on the highway with the top up, just not completely airtight but who cares?

Favorite Features

Handling, style, convertible top, sound system, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Are you kidding? I love this car. Thank you, Toyota.