2001 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Best car I ever had.
By Solara on 02/23/05 20:37 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

A great car over all. I have had no problems with any thing. Good Pick-up and go. Great on fuel, I am getting about 32mpg on highway and 29mpg on city. Unlucky, I had a crash in it already however it has been repaired and it drives like nothing happened. Great car! I am looking for another one for my wife...just in a different color. All thumbs up!

best used car!
By john on 02/16/05 04:19 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

just bought a used '01 w/ 42k miles for $10k- good deal on a loaded v6se. When smogged, the tech said the motor on these are great. Looked at a new 05 model- can't see losing $10K in depreciation in 3 years though. So I found a nice used one that will now not depreciate. Love the int styling and handling. engine is so smooth you dont know its running unless you look at the tach.

Toyota solara...Rocks!
By Russo on 01/14/05 08:33 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Smooth and quiet ride, strong engine, excellent build quality...

BUY A SOLARA!
By Toyota lover on 12/08/04 13:01 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have put 75000 hard miles on this care in 3 years and I have not had a single problem. Its amazing. Highly recommended. Trade-in value is excellent also.

jim
By jfarrell on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great car. Runs terrific with good pick-up and handleing. Front wheel drive.

Satisfaction
By Hornet on 05/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was the owner of a Chrysler Sebring Convertible (1998) which was purchased new. I would never buy another one. I purchased this Certified 2001 Solara Convertible (SLE V6) and found it to be a superb vehicle. I have owner Audi, Mercedes, Infiniti, Volvo and Toyota automobiles over these many years. This is the best.

Luxury on a Dime
By Goldie Dagger on 04/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Solara must have been one of the most underrated cars there is. You have to go for the full SLE class to enjoy the full benefit. But I am just shocked at the value I got for such a low price. This is a semi-luxury car at a mid-price range. Anything else you get for the same feature and smoothness with a different brand will cost you at least an extra $10K. The car is an absolute beauty inside and out. There is room for everyone, front or back, and the leather quality is top notch. The engine is Lexus-like (is it?) smooth but runs like a cheetah. This is yet another major quality accomplishment Toyota provides.

Solara V-6 Coupe sails
By Chynadog on 03/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have a fully loaded coupe which would be an SLE if not for the manual transmission. The manual is a bit touchy in the lower gears and sometimes awkward. However, it begs to be accelerated and sails at highway speeds. It is quite comfortable on long trips. I have taken it on 3,500 mile round trips on a few occasions and this car is a dream on the freeway. The leather seats are a must, as are the v-6 engine and detailed security and safety features. If I had to do it over again, I might buy the automatic instead. This car is a classy and sporty Camry.

Love my Solara
By bab on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

No problems - I have the oil changed and get my tune ups on time and put in gas and go. I have the V6 and love the power and smooth ride. Am coming up on the 3rd year of owning it and still love this car.

Great in Summer, Terrible in Winter
By Spookieken on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love the car in the summer, but it is awful in the snow. The tires spin, the car gets stuck and fishtails out of control at times, even in light snow conditions. It's definitely not made for the new england region.