Used 2001 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Most Helpful|
The Real Deal
By Bratva

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Edmunds got it wrong on this one. They did make SLE V6 in Manual transmission. I drive one. I got it used, in immaculate condition. I care for it and installed a Magnaflow exhaust, KYB suspension, Brembo performance brakes, and sticky tires. Overall, a terrific car. Great JBL sound system and tons of fun with bulletproof reliability and power to boot.

Favorite Features

Leather seats, sound system, simplicity of the controls, build quality, and V6 power.

Suggested Improvements

Shorter throws on the gear shifter, 6 speed manual transmission, tighter turning radius, darker tint on the windows. My biggest complaint is the lack of aftermarket performance parts!

Outstanding Vehicle
By NYABU

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car new, almost 9 years later it runs and looks as good as it did when new. No major repairs, except for maintenance and the car has never broken down. Particularly comfortable on weekly drives between LA and Vegas. Was rear-ended while sitting at a light by a car traveling 40 miles an hour. The other car was totaled, mine is being fixed and I feel fine. I'm glad they could fix, would never get the true value of this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Reliability and overall performance. Love the large trunk, spacious interior. I'm no race driver, but it has plenty of get up and go.

Suggested Improvements

Better on open road, not as nimble in traffic - turning radius could be improved. But I still love this car!

Best car I ever had.
By theron

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought the car new Jan. 2001. 130,000 miles later, still runs like the day we bought it. My wife uses the car daily, and does not mind the 0-60 time of about a half a day. The car will not quit. Love it for that reason alone. Two sets of tires, one set of brakes, one battery & a timing belt, nothing else. Engine does not use any oil because I religiously change it every 3500 miles. It also gets better gas mileage that rated, with 500 miles per fill-up. Hope it lasts forever.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

None

1st and only owner of my 2001 Solara v6 SLE
By dsquared1

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned this card since October 2001. Bought it from Toyota of San Francisco. I was never big into Toyotas having driven only American cars. I have to say that American cars, in my opinion now are pieces of shit. The Solara has over 105K miles on it and aside from regular maintenance, I have had to do nothing more to keep this car in tip top shape. As opposed to my 1996 Dodge Intrepid which I bought brand new, had to replace its engine 2 times and transmission once before it hit $50K miles. The Solara is rock solid in build quality and is the most reliable car I have ever owned. Even after 11 years, the paint is perfect (no chipping or fading). No wonder the Japanese are dominant.

Favorite Features

All leather, 6 disc changer, great sound, V6 power. Great handling

Suggested Improvements

None. Except maybe. better gas mileage, but its a V6 so I know that to have power one must sacrifice gas economy.

I purchased it and I love it
By Rena

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought this car, and I'm totally happy with it. Comfortable, very nice interior. I just have one thing is the commuter, it's not like what I expected from a Toyota, I expected more miles/gal. Other than that... it's awesome.

Favorite Features

leather interior

Suggested Improvements

Mileage?