Used 2001 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

The Real Deal
By Bratva

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Edmunds got it wrong on this one. They did make SLE V6 in Manual transmission. I drive one. I got it used, in immaculate condition. I care for it and installed a Magnaflow exhaust, KYB suspension, Brembo performance brakes, and sticky tires. Overall, a terrific car. Great JBL sound system and tons of fun with bulletproof reliability and power to boot.

Leather seats, sound system, simplicity of the controls, build quality, and V6 power.

Shorter throws on the gear shifter, 6 speed manual transmission, tighter turning radius, darker tint on the windows. My biggest complaint is the lack of aftermarket performance parts!

Outstanding Vehicle
By NYABU

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car new, almost 9 years later it runs and looks as good as it did when new. No major repairs, except for maintenance and the car has never broken down. Particularly comfortable on weekly drives between LA and Vegas. Was rear-ended while sitting at a light by a car traveling 40 miles an hour. The other car was totaled, mine is being fixed and I feel fine. I'm glad they could fix, would never get the true value of this vehicle.

Reliability and overall performance. Love the large trunk, spacious interior. I'm no race driver, but it has plenty of get up and go.

Better on open road, not as nimble in traffic - turning radius could be improved. But I still love this car!

I purchased it and I love it
By Rena

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought this car, and I'm totally happy with it. Comfortable, very nice interior. I just have one thing is the commuter, it's not like what I expected from a Toyota, I expected more miles/gal. Other than that... it's awesome.

leather interior

Mileage?

Great Car
By jrsat01

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this as a cert used with 9000 miles... currently has over 260000 without "any" problems... normal wear and tear... tires, brakes, oil changes etc... still get around 28 mpg, can only say it's no wonder Chrysler and GM are having problems... this car is quick, quiet and very dependable. This was/is a great car.

The whole thing... great job Toyota.

Can't think of a one.

Great Car
By Driver

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great Car. Bought used with 100K. I was kinda scared of high mileage, but reviews gave it an A grade so I took the risk and glad I did. Daily work driver and great on fuel, no problems... solid car still at 120K and 8 years old.

Half sporty, half daily commute car, Fuel mileage, It will rise again $5.00 Gal?