2001 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
SAVED MY LIFE
By 6paul11 on 07/30/12 14:56 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I wrote a previous review on here, and much time has passed since then. My Solara was an SLE, with a 5 Speed Manual. I just want to tell everyone that this car will save your life. If you take care of it, it will take care of you. I crashed into a the back of a stopped car at 65 mph and it saved my life. My baby is gone, but will never be forgotten.

By lovemytoys on 05/19/12 12:51 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Solara over 3 years ago at 50K. Now its at 99.6K and has never left me stranded. Replaced timing belt, brakes, window fell off track once and valve cover gaskets and struts most recently. The car does have a smoking issue still, and has oil changes no more than every 3K (castrol syntec). Just now needing a transmission checkup and probably a flush. The ac compressor makes noise but hasn't died yet. Overall it's great, minor maintenance compared to vehicles.

1st and only owner of my 2001 Solara v6 SLE
By dsquared1 on 04/25/12 13:51 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned this card since October 2001. Bought it from Toyota of San Francisco. I was never big into Toyotas having driven only American cars. I have to say that American cars, in my opinion now are pieces of shit. The Solara has over 105K miles on it and aside from regular maintenance, I have had to do nothing more to keep this car in tip top shape. As opposed to my 1996 Dodge Intrepid which I bought brand new, had to replace its engine 2 times and transmission once before it hit $50K miles. The Solara is rock solid in build quality and is the most reliable car I have ever owned. Even after 11 years, the paint is perfect (no chipping or fading). No wonder the Japanese are dominant.

Outstanding Vehicle
By NYABU on 11/24/09 16:29 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car new, almost 9 years later it runs and looks as good as it did when new. No major repairs, except for maintenance and the car has never broken down. Particularly comfortable on weekly drives between LA and Vegas. Was rear-ended while sitting at a light by a car traveling 40 miles an hour. The other car was totaled, mine is being fixed and I feel fine. I'm glad they could fix, would never get the true value of this vehicle.

I purchased it and I love it
By Rena on 10/21/09 19:19 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought this car, and I'm totally happy with it. Comfortable, very nice interior. I just have one thing is the commuter, it's not like what I expected from a Toyota, I expected more miles/gal. Other than that... it's awesome.

Quality vehicle
By ld on 07/07/09 13:45 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My first car, I like it. Fun to drive, great control & handling. The quality is as good as Toyota Camry, so you can see why its resale price is so high; but it has 2 doors, so it is good for young people if you do not have too many passengers. Only have check engine light on (wire broken, fix by $35), and clock/mirror off (fix $10), so it is very reliable. Definitely recommend to young people; not expensive, quality car.

Great Car!
By Solara Power on 11/06/08 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It's an amazing car. I've added a Magnaflow exhaust system, and my 5M V6 sounds amazing. Love the V6. Great passing power. Handles well in snow. Love the JBL! system. The throws are a little long, but it is overall very smooth. Only down side is turning radius and handling in extremely tight quarters.

Not a bad deal for the money
By arjun metha on 02/23/08 19:56 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 70,000 miles. It runs good, but did have some problems here and there. I believe the brakes could be better on the car. I have gotten the brakes done by the dealership, and still don't feel a major difference. Other than that the car is not bad overall. One more thing, I believe the headlights could be better on the car.

Good car, yet not a fun one
By Paul Revera on 04/18/05 22:41 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I recently bought a Solara and was suprised at how nice the interior is! nice leather, nice sound, and the wood paneling adds a nice touch. Yet this car is no performer. The V6 is underpowerd and it is not fun to drive. This car should be labeled as a cheaper luxury car, which it is, but is not a sports car by any means. It is 1000% better than a camry, and is a very reliable car. Although I plan to get a Injen cold air intake, Greddy Exhaust and a TRD supercharger to make up for the not-so-fun factor about it.

Toyota solara...Rocks!
By Russo on 01/14/05 08:33 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Smooth and quiet ride, strong engine, excellent build quality...