Used 2001 Toyota Camry Solara SLE Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
SAVED MY LIFE
By 6paul11

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I wrote a previous review on here, and much time has passed since then. My Solara was an SLE, with a 5 Speed Manual. I just want to tell everyone that this car will save your life. If you take care of it, it will take care of you. I crashed into a the back of a stopped car at 65 mph and it saved my life. My baby is gone, but will never be forgotten.

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

Nothing

Outstanding Vehicle
By NYABU

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car new, almost 9 years later it runs and looks as good as it did when new. No major repairs, except for maintenance and the car has never broken down. Particularly comfortable on weekly drives between LA and Vegas. Was rear-ended while sitting at a light by a car traveling 40 miles an hour. The other car was totaled, mine is being fixed and I feel fine. I'm glad they could fix, would never get the true value of this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Reliability and overall performance. Love the large trunk, spacious interior. I'm no race driver, but it has plenty of get up and go.

Suggested Improvements

Better on open road, not as nimble in traffic - turning radius could be improved. But I still love this car!

1st and only owner of my 2001 Solara v6 SLE
By dsquared1

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned this card since October 2001. Bought it from Toyota of San Francisco. I was never big into Toyotas having driven only American cars. I have to say that American cars, in my opinion now are pieces of shit. The Solara has over 105K miles on it and aside from regular maintenance, I have had to do nothing more to keep this car in tip top shape. As opposed to my 1996 Dodge Intrepid which I bought brand new, had to replace its engine 2 times and transmission once before it hit $50K miles. The Solara is rock solid in build quality and is the most reliable car I have ever owned. Even after 11 years, the paint is perfect (no chipping or fading). No wonder the Japanese are dominant.

Favorite Features

All leather, 6 disc changer, great sound, V6 power. Great handling

Suggested Improvements

None. Except maybe. better gas mileage, but its a V6 so I know that to have power one must sacrifice gas economy.

I purchased it and I love it
By Rena

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought this car, and I'm totally happy with it. Comfortable, very nice interior. I just have one thing is the commuter, it's not like what I expected from a Toyota, I expected more miles/gal. Other than that... it's awesome.

Favorite Features

leather interior

Suggested Improvements

Mileage?

By lovemytoys

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Solara over 3 years ago at 50K. Now its at 99.6K and has never left me stranded. Replaced timing belt, brakes, window fell off track once and valve cover gaskets and struts most recently. The car does have a smoking issue still, and has oil changes no more than every 3K (castrol syntec). Just now needing a transmission checkup and probably a flush. The ac compressor makes noise but hasn't died yet. Overall it's great, minor maintenance compared to vehicles.

Favorite Features

Fast acceleration, few blind spots, comfortable power leather drivers seat, handles great, great stock stereo system and cd changer

Suggested Improvements

Bring the small Solara back with a better color selection! Newer bodies aren't sporty enough; it does not appeal to the youth.