2001 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
AWESOME!
By Judi in Richmond on 09/08/09 06:56 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased with 112500 miles...no problems and I love the car. Smooth driving, high performance and handles great in the rain. Love having the top down and enjoying the fresh air. Can't explain why I waited so long to consider a convertible! Best decision ever made. Don't have a garage, but have purchased a cover for the winter months when I won't be using it. Have found 2 new (2008) models in Virginia but Toyota has now stopped building Solara. Too bad....I might want to a newer one in next couple of years. Best convertible on the market.

My therapy
By Htees on 04/15/08 07:08 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My Solara conv. has been the perfect 'crisis' vehicle for a family guy that wants to cruise, enjoy the fresh air, and still have the ability to take company along. The design draws compliments, the performance is adequate, and the comfort is outstanding. It could use a little more structural support and better suspension components, but other than that no real complaints. The top has proven VERY reliable and sound for a seven year old cloth top, and I have only treated it(water proofing)and had it retightened twice for minimal cost. So far reliability has been outstanding and I just turned 90,000.

I love this car
By Ellen in Charlotte on 02/24/08 13:07 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I looked for a year for a used Solara convertible and I'm glad I waited. I have the 6-cyl and it drives like a sportscar. I have only done regular maintenance (did the 90K mi service), as it has needed nothing else. I plan to drive this car until it falls to pieces, which could be 10 more years. Comfort is great for the driver and passenger, the back seat passengers have complained a bit. And, of course, it's a bit noisy on the highway with the top up, just not completely airtight but who cares?

jim
By jfarrell on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great car. Runs terrific with good pick-up and handleing. Front wheel drive.

Satisfaction
By Hornet on 05/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was the owner of a Chrysler Sebring Convertible (1998) which was purchased new. I would never buy another one. I purchased this Certified 2001 Solara Convertible (SLE V6) and found it to be a superb vehicle. I have owner Audi, Mercedes, Infiniti, Volvo and Toyota automobiles over these many years. This is the best.

2001 Toyota Solara Convertible
By Rich Janes on 11/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

A typically well designed & engineered Toyota product.

My Toyota
By cheryle on 10/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love everything about my Toyota. Gas mileage could be better, I get 19 to 25, but a small price to pay for the looks, styling and comfort. I really do love my Toyota!!

Wrinkled ragtop
By pjb on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Much quieter and smoother riding than my Sebring Conv., but the wrinkles next to the back window and next to the side windows are ugly and embarrassing. The wind noise with the top up is inexcusable. It's a good car but with an amaturish convertible top.

Great convertible
By Jerry's Solara on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Solara convertible for 1 year. It is a beautiful convertible with all the Toyota quality and reliability. Excellent on the highway at 70+ mph, very quiet. People stop to tell me what a pretty car it is. Large trunk, spacious rear seat. It is an unexciting car to drive. The rear window visibility is below average.

vibration and squeeking within the body
By lorna lane on 04/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

there has been consistent vibration and squeeking which has become much worse during the year in the body of the auto ... nothing to do with usual noises of a convertible roof... at pr esent having no cooperation with Toyota which is surprising as we have had their vehicles previously with no problem.. naturally we are very disappointed with this vehicle.