2001 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Solid Car
By dylancasb on 08/19/11 10:21 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 01 18 months ago with 58,000 miles on it. Since then I have put 30,000 miles on it. I have had no trouble with the vehicle at all. However, when I first bought it I had to put one quart of oil in whenever it reached 2K miles since an oil change. I began changing the oil every 2K miles and now it doesnt use any oil even if I go past 3K between oil changes (sludge can be a problem with this model engine and frequent oil changes are a good idea). The 4cyl is a little underpowered but it gets good mileage. The interior fit is sound throughout the car. The hood finish is rough and seems to be a common problem with solaras in these years.

Great Car
By Driver on 07/24/09 17:28 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great Car. Bought used with 100K. I was kinda scared of high mileage, but reviews gave it an A grade so I took the risk and glad I did. Daily work driver and great on fuel, no problems... solid car still at 120K and 8 years old.

Love it!
By Lisa on 02/03/08 22:39 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Very comfortable car. My husband has long legs and when sitting behind him in the back seat there is plenty of room. The trunk is huge. I have had actually a couple accidents in this car (not my fault), it held up very well. One of the most favorite cars I've had.

Decent ride
By red & sharp on 03/16/05 00:21 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Performance is good enough for a 4 cylinder car and fuel economy is unbeatable. I have a metallic red Solara with tan interior and I love the colors. JBL system is great, you don't need any aftermarket music system. Car is smooth and quick and the best thing, you get that performance with a very reasonable amount of fuel. Comfortable, roomy, reliable, stylish, economic and fun to drive. Parts are cheap and this is the easiest car to maintain. That was all I needed and that's exactly what I have. You can't go wrong with Solara.

Best car I ever had.
By Solara on 02/23/05 20:37 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

A great car over all. I have had no problems with any thing. Good Pick-up and go. Great on fuel, I am getting about 32mpg on highway and 29mpg on city. Unlucky, I had a crash in it already however it has been repaired and it drives like nothing happened. Great car! I am looking for another one for my wife...just in a different color. All thumbs up!

Love my Solara
By bab on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

No problems - I have the oil changed and get my tune ups on time and put in gas and go. I have the V6 and love the power and smooth ride. Am coming up on the 3rd year of owning it and still love this car.

Great in Summer, Terrible in Winter
By Spookieken on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love the car in the summer, but it is awful in the snow. The tires spin, the car gets stuck and fishtails out of control at times, even in light snow conditions. It's definitely not made for the new england region.

Good Sporty car
By rscarawa on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchase this V6 5speed car about 6 months ago and have been very happy with it. It is a roomy 2 door coupe with similiar room to the camry. The engine is reasonably powerful and the interior rid is quiet. I have the JBL radio. It does pretty good but some songs seem to be unbalanced. The suspension is not sporty. It is very soft and there is much body roll. The clutch has a very smooth feel and the gears shift quickly. Gas mileage is 25 city and 31 hwy I added the TRD struts, springs and swaybar to improve the handling of the car. This makes the Solara handle like a much smaller car. If you like the small car feel, this is the way to go.

A Great Car
By CaptainKirk on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. Fun to drive. Toyota reliablility and an outstanding value.

Typical Toyota
By Solarian on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Nothing bad to say. A fun car to drive.