2000 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Review: Nothing but excellence from To

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Review

Nothing but excellence from Toyota
By Shirley Perry on

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe

I've owned a Mercedes Sedan,'97 Volvo T5/750, & assorted American Cars. Even an '86 Toyota Supra-Loved it! What power!!!The 2000 Solara has been my most reliable, smooth driving, gas efficient automobile of all time! With its beautiful lines, lots of horsepower & great sunroof. Honestly -- I have never had ANY mechanical problems. I kept the maintenance up to date that they recommended, it's as reliable as the day I drove it off the lot. Could have traded for a newer one - but I like the sporty style of my 2000 (w/ the spoiler on the back). Its red exterior glows because I keep it waxed & cleaned. The leather interior has never faded or ripped. It's truly a great car- I Love My Toyota!

The sunroof is spacious and easy to open and close. The seats adjust to a comfortable position w/ lumbar support on driver side.Lighted vanity mirror on driver's side. Stereo/CD player is awesome!Great BASE!

I have no idea how or when it happened but the plastic hinge on driver's vanity mirror broke and to replace it is $170. That's too expensive! I have a rubberband holding mirror onto visor so it doesn't flap around when I have to drop it down to protect my eyes against bright sun.