2000 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Review: Incredible Car

2000 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Review

SE Coupe (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Incredible Car
By eastsideirish on

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe

I bought my 2000 Solara used in '02 (with 61k) and had it for 10 years (ended at 162k). I had a 89 Beretta and 93 Civic before buying my 1st Toyota. Both were often in the shop so I bought this b/c of the Toyota reputation and it never let me down. In 10 yrs all I did was replace the brakes & battery twice, the alternator and the air conditioning. It rode smooth until some asshat hit & totaled it. It was even pretty good in the snow! If anyone is looking to buy a Solara I would highly recommend it--and trust me I'm not a "car guy". My family was always American car owners. Now everyone owns a Toyota. Well, except me, I bought a Lexus w/ all the $ I got for its high resale value!

The classic exterior. The comfortable interior. The fact that I rarely had to do anything with the car other than put gas in the tank and oil in the engine.

Sometimes in cold weather the audio system would freeze up and I couldn't change the radio station. And when the air was on high it would occasionally drip water on my feet.