2000 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Review: Fantastic car

2000 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Review

Fantastic car
By Tjepp on

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used a few years ago with ~75000 miles. Turns out to be one of the best buys I've made. The Solara runs like a top. It's been nothing but reliable and remarkably sturdy. Even now with 105000 on the odometer the steering is still tight and it rides just as nice as the day I bought it. I had the 100000 mile service done at the dealer recently which set me back around $1000. Other than that I haven't had to do anything outside of gas/tires/oil change. Overall a very good car. Comfortable, relatively roomy, great gas mileage, superb reliability, even fast and steady on the highway. The only problem now is, what do I replace it with when it does wear out in 5 to 10 years?

Superb gas mileage. In $2 to $3 a gal. gasoline, that's a must. Other than that? Reliability, comfort, and styling.

The dashboard is quite boring. I see in the new models this has been somewhat rectified.