Used 2000 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Solid and Stylish
By acek27

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe

I bought my Solara SLE V6 used and have put on approximately 4,000 miles. I have no regrets whatsoever. It's solid, comfortable and reasonably stylish. The Toyota build quality is outstanding. At 62,000 miles, the car's still solid as a rock. The V6 provides ample power and the ride is extremely comfortable. So long as you are not expecting BMW responsiveness, you really can't go wrong with this car.

Build quality, styling, solidity, smooth ride, V6 power, leather seats, good gas mileage.

Downsides are: numb steering, soft suspension (lots of understeer and body roll); sluggish automatic transmission (doesn't like to downshift); terrible visibility, especially to the rear quarters.

Best Car I've ever owned!!!
By Ryan Scales

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe

I truly love this little car. I'm looking to trade it in today and I'm sad about doing so! This has been a great car to own that always satisfies.

My favorite feature of the Solara is it's sexy good looks and styling! There's nothing else that says "Look at me" like driving down the road with the windows down, and the stereo up and other's admiring such a beautiful car. Thanks Toyota!

A heavier duty back seat latch and slide forward mechanism. We have a kid and she kicks the back seat forward 10 times or more a day and a screw came out the other day on it.

Love My Solara!
By MCH

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe

My autumn-red Toyota Solara has been so fine! It's one of the two best cars I've ever owned in thirty years. The engine is so smooth as it accelerates through the gears. The ride is extremely nice. And there's LOTS of room inside the car. The backseat legroom is especially generous for a 2-door of this type--even long-legged men are comfortable in the back.The trunk is large and roomy. And I've had absolutely NO mechanical work done on it in more than four years. It's a wonderful car. Love my Solara!

My favorite features are the legroom and overhead room. I also love the smooth ride and acceleration. Excellent stereo/CD/cassette unit too. And it looks great! I've actually had people follow me down the street to ask about the car and where I got it.

(1) Need to be able to turn the lights off, even when the car is running. (2) Need an automatic trunk release.(3) The automatic door-locking system is TOO automatic. The doors should lock after you put the car in gear, not just at start-up.

Best in years
By cc

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe

Although car was puchased from one dealership, I did not like their service or personnel. I service vehicle at another toyota dealership who are extremely attentive, courteous and provessional.

Sports car features with comfort and room.

Drive seat should automatically go forward when pressing release to enter rear seat as does the passengerside.

Love my YoYo
By YoYo

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe

Within 1 year I bought a Chevrolet then an Oldsmobile and spent more time in the service department than driving. Decided to splurge and go for the Toyota. Almost four years later, I'm still loving it. 43,000 miles later and never been in the shop except for regular maintenance. I leased the car, but decided to buy out the lease after 3 years. Will drive it until it can't go anymore and then plan on burying it in my yard with a marker "Best Car Ever Made".

Roomy and well designed interior, good pickup, sharp body style, good gas mileage, no problems. Very dependable.

Better tires, replaced tires that came on the car after 6,000 miles, not a smooth ride. Suggest Michelin tires.

• SUV