Used 2000 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Reliability, Performance and Fun
By shbhatia

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe

I bought this used 2000 Solara in 2004 with 24K miles on it. It has Potent V6 engine, Stick shift, leather interiors, sunroof... everything. I wanted to go for a BMW 330Ci but got this baby for less than half the price. I am extremely happy with the decision. This car is so comfortable that I can drive from Virginia to NY with minimum fatigue, a sports car can kill you for doing that. It's so reliable almost maintenance free. It very quiet to drive and pickup is unbelievable for a car of this size... it can fit 5 adults, 6'+ comfortably... fuel economy is good, looks great. Not to forget the sound system that great too... In short there is nothing bad about this car that I can share....

Quiet... feels more like a lexus... Leather interiors are just awesome... Powerful engine, maintaince free... This car is biggest bang for the buck that you can get...

Perhaps the only improvement can be getting broader tyres to improve performance on snow... that will mean compromising with fuel economy though, but I will prefer tires that are firmer on snow....

Nothing but excellence from Toyota
By Shirley Perry

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe

I've owned a Mercedes Sedan,'97 Volvo T5/750, & assorted American Cars. Even an '86 Toyota Supra-Loved it! What power!!!The 2000 Solara has been my most reliable, smooth driving, gas efficient automobile of all time! With its beautiful lines, lots of horsepower & great sunroof. Honestly -- I have never had ANY mechanical problems. I kept the maintenance up to date that they recommended, it's as reliable as the day I drove it off the lot. Could have traded for a newer one - but I like the sporty style of my 2000 (w/ the spoiler on the back). Its red exterior glows because I keep it waxed & cleaned. The leather interior has never faded or ripped. It's truly a great car- I Love My Toyota!

The sunroof is spacious and easy to open and close. The seats adjust to a comfortable position w/ lumbar support on driver side.Lighted vanity mirror on driver's side. Stereo/CD player is awesome!Great BASE!

I have no idea how or when it happened but the plastic hinge on driver's vanity mirror broke and to replace it is $170. That's too expensive! I have a rubberband holding mirror onto visor so it doesn't flap around when I have to drop it down to protect my eyes against bright sun.

Just replace the brakes and it's perfect
By Sugarfixx28

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe

I lovingly call my Solara MILAGROS because it's a miracle that I was able to get this car. This is by far the best car I have ever driven! At first I was shooting for an AUDI, but when I came across my Solara, wow was I surprised! With the exception of shaky brakes, it's perfect! I even turn heads where ever I go (Milagros is Periwinkle). It's a luxury sports coupe, handles the road beautifully, especially the turns! The sound system is spectacular (trust me, I'm an Audio Engineer, I know what I'm talking about!) The 6 disc CD player is such a great bonus, the trunk is huge, and there's lots of leg room in the back, more than any other coupe I've driven. I love it!!!

Sunroof, 6 disc CD Player, color, pick up, wood grain detail, fog lights, what's not to love

Better brakes, no biggie!!!

Solid and Stylish
By acek27

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe

I bought my Solara SLE V6 used and have put on approximately 4,000 miles. I have no regrets whatsoever. It's solid, comfortable and reasonably stylish. The Toyota build quality is outstanding. At 62,000 miles, the car's still solid as a rock. The V6 provides ample power and the ride is extremely comfortable. So long as you are not expecting BMW responsiveness, you really can't go wrong with this car.

Build quality, styling, solidity, smooth ride, V6 power, leather seats, good gas mileage.

Downsides are: numb steering, soft suspension (lots of understeer and body roll); sluggish automatic transmission (doesn't like to downshift); terrible visibility, especially to the rear quarters.

Best Car I've ever owned!!!
By Ryan Scales

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe

I truly love this little car. I'm looking to trade it in today and I'm sad about doing so! This has been a great car to own that always satisfies.

My favorite feature of the Solara is it's sexy good looks and styling! There's nothing else that says "Look at me" like driving down the road with the windows down, and the stereo up and other's admiring such a beautiful car. Thanks Toyota!

A heavier duty back seat latch and slide forward mechanism. We have a kid and she kicks the back seat forward 10 times or more a day and a screw came out the other day on it.