2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Love My Solara!
By MCH on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

My autumn-red Toyota Solara has been so fine! It's one of the two best cars I've ever owned in thirty years. The engine is so smooth as it accelerates through the gears. The ride is extremely nice. And there's LOTS of room inside the car. The backseat legroom is especially generous for a 2-door of this type--even long-legged men are comfortable in the back.The trunk is large and roomy. And I've had absolutely NO mechanical work done on it in more than four years. It's a wonderful car. Love my Solara!

Best in years
By cc on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

Although car was puchased from one dealership, I did not like their service or personnel. I service vehicle at another toyota dealership who are extremely attentive, courteous and provessional.

Love my YoYo
By YoYo on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

Within 1 year I bought a Chevrolet then an Oldsmobile and spent more time in the service department than driving. Decided to splurge and go for the Toyota. Almost four years later, I'm still loving it. 43,000 miles later and never been in the shop except for regular maintenance. I leased the car, but decided to buy out the lease after 3 years. Will drive it until it can't go anymore and then plan on burying it in my yard with a marker "Best Car Ever Made".

Solara is Great (except in snow)
By EmCrocker on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

Bought used with 11k at 1 year old. Good pickup; handles well at high speeds. Not great in snow.

Excellent 2 door
By solara fan on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

28 mpg - outstanding mileage

Solara Review
By SLCoopes on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

The only problem I had with this vehicle is that it shakes when you brake. But that might have been because of the factory brakes they put on because I have not had a problem since I changed the brakes.

Gotta Drive a Solara!
By Sport Broom on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

The Solara is truly an amazing car to own and drive.It runs quietly and smoothly.It is very reliable and dependable.I got my 2000 brand new,now have 42,000 miles and never had any problems with it.With regular check-up amd maintenance, everything's still original.We loved it so much that we also bought a 2001 Solara for my husband.We are happy with our Solaras!

Reliable and fun to drive
By BPark on 06/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

The Solara is a peppy, fun car to drive. It's been very reliable. I had a problem with the driver seat moving a small amount when driving, especially when taking off quickly. They fixed it, but It's still not quite right. I would make sure to check that before driving off the lot!

poor quality but comfortable
By pchang on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

interior is roomy and comfortable. however, ever since i bought the car brand new three years ago, i have had it fixed at least $2000. besides the 36,000-mile only tires, all four of the suspension had to be replaced when it was about 42,000.

Great Car!!
By InvisibleDanielle on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for 2 years now and I haven't had any major problems. Just the normal ware and tear stuff like tires. It's a great car and I would buy another one.