Used 2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

By bruno libratore

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

This has been the most hassle free vehicle I have ever purchased. All I have done is change the oil and 3 sets of tires. No other maintenance except coolant every 50k miles. If you can buy one, get it.

Got Sol
By In my sol

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

I have owned this awesome car for 3 years and have only needed to change the oil. Recently, I am having some suspension issues - not surprising after 100K miles. The CD player also died recently. I would definitely buy another!

Electric driver seat, auto everything, sun roof, 6-cd player.

Remote trunk opener.

Solid Performer
By Westie_Lover

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I've run this car like no other. It has had a couple of minor problems but nothing major in 110K miles. Far and away the best car I've ever owned. Body still tight and fuel economy great, even in stop-and-go traffic. Engine looks almost new.

Sun roof, fuel economy, reliability.

Padded arm rest between front seats.

Fantastic car
By Tjepp

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used a few years ago with ~75000 miles. Turns out to be one of the best buys I've made. The Solara runs like a top. It's been nothing but reliable and remarkably sturdy. Even now with 105000 on the odometer the steering is still tight and it rides just as nice as the day I bought it. I had the 100000 mile service done at the dealer recently which set me back around $1000. Other than that I haven't had to do anything outside of gas/tires/oil change. Overall a very good car. Comfortable, relatively roomy, great gas mileage, superb reliability, even fast and steady on the highway. The only problem now is, what do I replace it with when it does wear out in 5 to 10 years?

Superb gas mileage. In $2 to $3 a gal. gasoline, that's a must. Other than that? Reliability, comfort, and styling.

The dashboard is quite boring. I see in the new models this has been somewhat rectified.

Great Car
By Sven Phedeoux

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

I love my Toyota "Corvette"

Black Leather interior is very comfortable and practical, the moonroof is a better feature to me than a convertible. Great sound system and I, unlike others, really appreciate the thought gone into the traction control system. I had a 2000 Camry with a 4 cylinder engine and it hydroplaned out

I would like to see four smaller doors instead of the two heavy, huge doors. Otherwise it's near perfect, perhaps a robotic driver to take me to work ontime and instyle will be in the 2021 model.