Used 2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Great Car
By lmollstl

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car since new and the only thing I have done to it besides change oil is to install new front brakes and battery. I have also replaced the tires twice. This is the first import I have owned and cannot believe the quality and reliability of it. No other car owned even comes close.

Favorite Features

Interior and exterior styling.

Suggested Improvements

A more sporty suspension.

Great Car
By Great Car

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used and to this day I don't have a bad any thing. It is a great car from day one. I bought with 72k now have 139k still running strong. I would recommend this car to anyone looking into buying a solar.

Favorite Features

Leather seats, moon roof, power everything.

Suggested Improvements

Need to put heated seats,and heated mirrors on the outside.

Reliable Comfortable Good-looking Value
By dapqam

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car when 2 years old and with 30K miles. Now have 72K miles and only one significant problem. Driver side window motor quit. $500 dealer replacement. Otherwise great. Comfortable, good looking, reliable. In summer of 2008 I finally replaced the original battery! I take good care of my cars, synthetic oil, regular maintenance on coolant, brake fluid, transmission fluid, filters. Twice yearly oil application on underside of car and in doors and under hood to prevent rust. I plan on keeping this car indefinitely. Am always tempted to buy a new Camry but I keep this one because I am so happy with it.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage (almost 40 mpg on trips when I drive conservatively); very dependable; good looking car; comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

A longer warranty should be considered. Would have covered one problem - power window motor.

Functional, but with major problems
By David Hull

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I've always owned Ford products until this Toyota, and was expecting great things. Bought it with just over 35,000 miles on it. At 55,000 miles, had to replace the engine after a broken push rod destroyed the lower half. Thankfully, the local dealer was able to arrange "good will" coverage, as the warranty had just expired. I've never been able to keep an alignment on the car for more than a few months, and have major vibration through the steering column at highway speeds. It handles well but lacks any power, as you might imagine with a 4-cylinder. I'm sorely disappointed with my first Toyota.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage - I went from a V8 Ford Crown Vic to the 4-cyl. Solara - big difference at the pump, even before $4 gas. Also has a surprisingly big trunk.

Suggested Improvements

I may be the first person to ever say this, but the reliability on my Toyota is what needs the most improvement.

Great reliable transportation
By A Edwards

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

It's the first Toyota I have owned, and the only brand I will continue to use.

Favorite Features

Moon roof, acceleration quality, sleek design.

Suggested Improvements

Clock needs to be relocated so it can be seen more easily.