Used 2000 Toyota Camry Solara SE Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

great car - v4 auto
By s560

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

bought it used in 2004 for 12k with 76000 miles. 6 years later it has 169 000 miles. changed a radiator few years ago for $400 and a sensor for $180 last year. oil change every 3 months at $19.99. been in 4 accidents - 2 rear, 1 front and back (changed front bumper for $600)

Excellant fun, sporty car
By rporterincincy

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

We bought a bright red coupe automatic about 3 years ago when it had 57k miles on it. Now it has 84k. I've replaced the brakes, tires, spark plugs, battery, and a starter, all wear items (except the starter). The car is exceptionally smooth and quiet (like a sewing machine), the leather feels like the leather in a Avalon or Lexus, gas mileage is good (mid 20's), and has never let us down. This has been a great car for the kids to drive. It also makes me feel like a teenager when I drive it (long doors, sporty feel). It is not terribly powerful (135 hp), but it does not overwhelm a young driver with power either. It also has a surprising amount of back seat room.

Favorite Features

Looks, leather interior, sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

I'd like 2-3 more inches of headroom (tall waisted), and the arm that holds the seatbelt up should be a bit higher (comes to below my shoulder).

Incredible Car
By eastsideirish

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I bought my 2000 Solara used in '02 (with 61k) and had it for 10 years (ended at 162k). I had a 89 Beretta and 93 Civic before buying my 1st Toyota. Both were often in the shop so I bought this b/c of the Toyota reputation and it never let me down. In 10 yrs all I did was replace the brakes & battery twice, the alternator and the air conditioning. It rode smooth until some asshat hit & totaled it. It was even pretty good in the snow! If anyone is looking to buy a Solara I would highly recommend it--and trust me I'm not a "car guy". My family was always American car owners. Now everyone owns a Toyota. Well, except me, I bought a Lexus w/ all the $ I got for its high resale value!

Favorite Features

The classic exterior. The comfortable interior. The fact that I rarely had to do anything with the car other than put gas in the tank and oil in the engine.

Suggested Improvements

Sometimes in cold weather the audio system would freeze up and I couldn't change the radio station. And when the air was on high it would occasionally drip water on my feet.

Wonderful Car
By dapqam

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

Bought in 8/2002 with 36k miles. Now have 85k. Have replaced window regulator motor. All other items have been regular maintenance - oil, filters, brake pads and rotors, timing belt and water pump (at 84k). This car is a wonderful machine.

Favorite Features

Reliability. Comfortable ride. Low overall cost of ownership. Beautiful. Did I mention that the car is super reliable!

Suggested Improvements

I honestly can not think of anything.

Worth the money
By verified

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for 4 years. I bought it as a compromise between mpg and comfort as I commute over an hour to work. I have only replaced the battery and tires in those 5 years and have put 200K+ miles on. Performing past my expectations.

Favorite Features

Minimal maintenance, good on gas, nice interior.

Suggested Improvements

Wish I had the convertible.