2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Excellant fun, sporty car
By rporterincincy on 08/26/13 12:38 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

We bought a bright red coupe automatic about 3 years ago when it had 57k miles on it. Now it has 84k. I've replaced the brakes, tires, spark plugs, battery, and a starter, all wear items (except the starter). The car is exceptionally smooth and quiet (like a sewing machine), the leather feels like the leather in a Avalon or Lexus, gas mileage is good (mid 20's), and has never let us down. This has been a great car for the kids to drive. It also makes me feel like a teenager when I drive it (long doors, sporty feel). It is not terribly powerful (135 hp), but it does not overwhelm a young driver with power either. It also has a surprising amount of back seat room.

Incredible Car
By eastsideirish on 12/21/12 23:22 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I bought my 2000 Solara used in '02 (with 61k) and had it for 10 years (ended at 162k). I had a 89 Beretta and 93 Civic before buying my 1st Toyota. Both were often in the shop so I bought this b/c of the Toyota reputation and it never let me down. In 10 yrs all I did was replace the brakes & battery twice, the alternator and the air conditioning. It rode smooth until some asshat hit & totaled it. It was even pretty good in the snow! If anyone is looking to buy a Solara I would highly recommend it--and trust me I'm not a "car guy". My family was always American car owners. Now everyone owns a Toyota. Well, except me, I bought a Lexus w/ all the $ I got for its high resale value!

Great Car
By Chris on 06/17/10 07:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I had a '96 Camry that was totaled and my mechanic was selling a 2000 Solara with 125k on it for the right price. I had to put in a clutch and repair suspension the first year (as can be expected at 130k plus miles), since it has been amazing. I've put 50k on the car, and it drives smooth, the steering is tight, and it gets great gas mileage. I highly recommend it.

Worth the money
By verified on 05/02/10 15:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for 4 years. I bought it as a compromise between mpg and comfort as I commute over an hour to work. I have only replaced the battery and tires in those 5 years and have put 200K+ miles on. Performing past my expectations.

Wonderful Car
By dapqam on 02/12/10 10:55 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

Bought in 8/2002 with 36k miles. Now have 85k. Have replaced window regulator motor. All other items have been regular maintenance - oil, filters, brake pads and rotors, timing belt and water pump (at 84k). This car is a wonderful machine.

great car - v4 auto
By s560 on 01/08/10 15:21 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

bought it used in 2004 for 12k with 76000 miles. 6 years later it has 169 000 miles. changed a radiator few years ago for $400 and a sensor for $180 last year. oil change every 3 months at $19.99. been in 4 accidents - 2 rear, 1 front and back (changed front bumper for $600)

Great Car
By Great Car on 12/01/08 14:44 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used and to this day I don't have a bad any thing. It is a great car from day one. I bought with 72k now have 139k still running strong. I would recommend this car to anyone looking into buying a solar.

Reliable Comfortable Good-looking Value
By dapqam on 10/24/08 06:49 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car when 2 years old and with 30K miles. Now have 72K miles and only one significant problem. Driver side window motor quit. $500 dealer replacement. Otherwise great. Comfortable, good looking, reliable. In summer of 2008 I finally replaced the original battery! I take good care of my cars, synthetic oil, regular maintenance on coolant, brake fluid, transmission fluid, filters. Twice yearly oil application on underside of car and in doors and under hood to prevent rust. I plan on keeping this car indefinitely. Am always tempted to buy a new Camry but I keep this one because I am so happy with it.

Functional, but with major problems
By David Hull on 05/04/08 10:37 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I've always owned Ford products until this Toyota, and was expecting great things. Bought it with just over 35,000 miles on it. At 55,000 miles, had to replace the engine after a broken push rod destroyed the lower half. Thankfully, the local dealer was able to arrange "good will" coverage, as the warranty had just expired. I've never been able to keep an alignment on the car for more than a few months, and have major vibration through the steering column at highway speeds. It handles well but lacks any power, as you might imagine with a 4-cylinder. I'm sorely disappointed with my first Toyota.

By bruno libratore on 05/30/07 06:03 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

This has been the most hassle free vehicle I have ever purchased. All I have done is change the oil and 3 sets of tires. No other maintenance except coolant every 50k miles. If you can buy one, get it.