2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Excellant fun, sporty car
By rporterincincy on 08/26/13 12:38 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

We bought a bright red coupe automatic about 3 years ago when it had 57k miles on it. Now it has 84k. I've replaced the brakes, tires, spark plugs, battery, and a starter, all wear items (except the starter). The car is exceptionally smooth and quiet (like a sewing machine), the leather feels like the leather in a Avalon or Lexus, gas mileage is good (mid 20's), and has never let us down. This has been a great car for the kids to drive. It also makes me feel like a teenager when I drive it (long doors, sporty feel). It is not terribly powerful (135 hp), but it does not overwhelm a young driver with power either. It also has a surprising amount of back seat room.

Incredible Car
By eastsideirish on 12/21/12 23:22 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I bought my 2000 Solara used in '02 (with 61k) and had it for 10 years (ended at 162k). I had a 89 Beretta and 93 Civic before buying my 1st Toyota. Both were often in the shop so I bought this b/c of the Toyota reputation and it never let me down. In 10 yrs all I did was replace the brakes & battery twice, the alternator and the air conditioning. It rode smooth until some asshat hit & totaled it. It was even pretty good in the snow! If anyone is looking to buy a Solara I would highly recommend it--and trust me I'm not a "car guy". My family was always American car owners. Now everyone owns a Toyota. Well, except me, I bought a Lexus w/ all the $ I got for its high resale value!

Best car ever had
By Lane O. on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

Bought new in 2000. I've had 15-20 vehicles over my lifetime. This is clearly the best vehicle I've ever owned. Put 135k on it before giving it to my daughter and her husband. They'll probably put 100k on it and sell it to someone who will get another 100k or more. Reliability is freaky good. Replaced a battery, the exhaust, etc. as expected over the long period of time owned. No quality issues whatsoever.

Great car for the last 10 years
By Josie on 07/01/10 09:45 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

We bought the car new and drove it for a good 10 years. The only reason we decided to let it go is we're now working on our second baby and unfortunately a 2 door car will no longer fit in with our expanded family. Considering for how long we've had it we were thankful to only have to deal with routine maintenance and a few minor problems (the O2 sensor had to be replaced, the passenger viser mirror broke off after 5 years, and occasionally the driver side window motor will stick if the weather is very humid.) But the engine has been impeccable, and I joked with my husband on several occasions we should just keep the car for another 14 years so it can be our child's first car when he's 16.

Great Car
By Chris on 06/17/10 07:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I had a '96 Camry that was totaled and my mechanic was selling a 2000 Solara with 125k on it for the right price. I had to put in a clutch and repair suspension the first year (as can be expected at 130k plus miles), since it has been amazing. I've put 50k on the car, and it drives smooth, the steering is tight, and it gets great gas mileage. I highly recommend it.

Worth the money
By verified on 05/02/10 15:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for 4 years. I bought it as a compromise between mpg and comfort as I commute over an hour to work. I have only replaced the battery and tires in those 5 years and have put 200K+ miles on. Performing past my expectations.

Simply the Best
By seeblue on 02/27/10 15:33 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

Almost 11 years old and I've only had oil changes, tire replacements, one battery replacement, and a tuneup at 110000 miles. Geez, I have the same muffler! This car is the boss and worth every penny.

Wonderful Car
By dapqam on 02/12/10 10:55 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

Bought in 8/2002 with 36k miles. Now have 85k. Have replaced window regulator motor. All other items have been regular maintenance - oil, filters, brake pads and rotors, timing belt and water pump (at 84k). This car is a wonderful machine.

great car - v4 auto
By s560 on 01/08/10 15:21 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

bought it used in 2004 for 12k with 76000 miles. 6 years later it has 169 000 miles. changed a radiator few years ago for $400 and a sensor for $180 last year. oil change every 3 months at $19.99. been in 4 accidents - 2 rear, 1 front and back (changed front bumper for $600)

Reliable car
By Tim on 11/02/09 21:18 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

Good reliable car to drive. It's coupe but not sporty. This is coupe for around 40's. No mechanical problem so far.