Used 2000 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Put together poor
By SaraBoadway

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible

I was excited to finally have a toyota that wouldn't be in the shop all the time. I have had the car almost a year and it has had to have the passenger seatbelt replaced, the convertible top replaced, the front calipers replaced, the wheel bearring replaced, the rear speakers replaced. Needless to say the it has been in and out of the shop all year and to make matters worse Toyota nevers gets it completey fixed the first time so you have to keep taking it in, and the won't give you a renta car unless the keep it over night, and the dont' they keep it all day and rent it to you and ask you to bring it back another day

Favorite Features

My favorite feature would be the the stereo when it's working.

Suggested Improvements

They should have had wood grain around the stereo and all the deatials of the car should have been better put together. I feel like i got a lemon!

Nice Car
By Richard Bernard

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible

This has been a great car to Own. We have 4 months of winter, yet we use this as a winter car also. It handles great. We replaced our Audi 200 Quattro with this car. It does not have the great winter handling, since it does not have 4 wheel drive, but with snow tires on, it does very well with the traction control. The Boot that came with the car looks great, but is hard to put on, and has broken at the joint. I've had to rivit it to use it.

Favorite Features

This is a great looking car. It is a true 4 seat convertible. The kids love to go out in the car.

Suggested Improvements

move the roof up/down switch. It gets covered with junk, because of it's location. Improve the boot design.

even in winter
By pediaforms

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible

We all know of the fun of driving a convertible in the summer, but heres a switch. This car is reliable, safe and fun to drive in the winter also. From bundling up your kid and having the top down to put the Christmas tree in the back seat for the ride home, to the abs, traction control and low center of gravity. This car holds the road in ice and snow better than my suv and pickup. This is from someone who lives in snowy New Hampshire.

Favorite Features

Control in ALL road conditions. Climate controls (even in winter and a ragtop) are superb.

Suggested Improvements

Radio/music/environmental controls on steering wheel.

Great Ride
By Steve M

2000 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible

I have owned this car for two years and it is great fun and a great ride. The mileage is acceptable at 20 or so. It has smooth acceleration, good power, comfortable leather seats, good visibility with the roof down and excellent suspension and steering. I am only able to keep the top down 6 months of the year, but it is a pleasure to drive in the winter too. With the roof down, it is still quiet and very fun to drive! The only thing I do not like is the cover for the roof. It is hard to put on and the one I got with the car broke fairly quickly, but I got it replaced on warranty. This is overall the smoothest, nicest, funnest car I have owned!

Favorite Features

Top down on a summer day with the CD turned up. Handles great.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a better way to cover the roof when it is down.