2000 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Great car for the last 10 years
By Josie on 07/01/10 09:45 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe

We bought the car new and drove it for a good 10 years. The only reason we decided to let it go is we're now working on our second baby and unfortunately a 2 door car will no longer fit in with our expanded family. Considering for how long we've had it we were thankful to only have to deal with routine maintenance and a few minor problems (the O2 sensor had to be replaced, the passenger viser mirror broke off after 5 years, and occasionally the driver side window motor will stick if the weather is very humid.) But the engine has been impeccable, and I joked with my husband on several occasions we should just keep the car for another 14 years so it can be our child's first car when he's 16.

Great reliable transportation
By A Edwards on 06/22/07 08:17 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe

It's the first Toyota I have owned, and the only brand I will continue to use.

Got Sol
By In my sol on 05/22/07 14:38 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe

I have owned this awesome car for 3 years and have only needed to change the oil. Recently, I am having some suspension issues - not surprising after 100K miles. The CD player also died recently. I would definitely buy another!

Great Car
By Sven Phedeoux on 03/10/06 15:10 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe

I love my Toyota "Corvette"

love it
By ae on 10/28/05 15:51 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe

This car is loaded with nice features. The quality of this particular toyota is comparable to their lexus line. It is really smooth, and has plenty of power.

Beauty, Safety and Function
By Ohio Silver on 06/20/05 23:11 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe

This Car drives like a dream

Nothing but excellence from Toyota
By Shirley Perry on 05/06/05 20:22 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe

I've owned a Mercedes Sedan,'97 Volvo T5/750, & assorted American Cars. Even an '86 Toyota Supra-Loved it! What power!!!The 2000 Solara has been my most reliable, smooth driving, gas efficient automobile of all time! With its beautiful lines, lots of horsepower & great sunroof. Honestly -- I have never had ANY mechanical problems. I kept the maintenance up to date that they recommended, it's as reliable as the day I drove it off the lot. Could have traded for a newer one - but I like the sporty style of my 2000 (w/ the spoiler on the back). Its red exterior glows because I keep it waxed & cleaned. The leather interior has never faded or ripped. It's truly a great car- I Love My Toyota!

Just replace the brakes and it's perfect
By Sugarfixx28 on 03/25/05 07:23 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe

I lovingly call my Solara MILAGROS because it's a miracle that I was able to get this car. This is by far the best car I have ever driven! At first I was shooting for an AUDI, but when I came across my Solara, wow was I surprised! With the exception of shaky brakes, it's perfect! I even turn heads where ever I go (Milagros is Periwinkle). It's a luxury sports coupe, handles the road beautifully, especially the turns! The sound system is spectacular (trust me, I'm an Audio Engineer, I know what I'm talking about!) The 6 disc CD player is such a great bonus, the trunk is huge, and there's lots of leg room in the back, more than any other coupe I've driven. I love it!!!

Solid and Stylish
By acek27 on 10/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe

I bought my Solara SLE V6 used and have put on approximately 4,000 miles. I have no regrets whatsoever. It's solid, comfortable and reasonably stylish. The Toyota build quality is outstanding. At 62,000 miles, the car's still solid as a rock. The V6 provides ample power and the ride is extremely comfortable. So long as you are not expecting BMW responsiveness, you really can't go wrong with this car.

Love My Solara!
By MCH on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe

My autumn-red Toyota Solara has been so fine! It's one of the two best cars I've ever owned in thirty years. The engine is so smooth as it accelerates through the gears. The ride is extremely nice. And there's LOTS of room inside the car. The backseat legroom is especially generous for a 2-door of this type--even long-legged men are comfortable in the back.The trunk is large and roomy. And I've had absolutely NO mechanical work done on it in more than four years. It's a wonderful car. Love my Solara!