2000 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Best car ever had
By Lane O. on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe

Bought new in 2000. I've had 15-20 vehicles over my lifetime. This is clearly the best vehicle I've ever owned. Put 135k on it before giving it to my daughter and her husband. They'll probably put 100k on it and sell it to someone who will get another 100k or more. Reliability is freaky good. Replaced a battery, the exhaust, etc. as expected over the long period of time owned. No quality issues whatsoever.

Simply the Best
By seeblue on 02/27/10 15:33 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe

Almost 11 years old and I've only had oil changes, tire replacements, one battery replacement, and a tuneup at 110000 miles. Geez, I have the same muffler! This car is the boss and worth every penny.

Reliable car
By Tim on 11/02/09 21:18 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe

Good reliable car to drive. It's coupe but not sporty. This is coupe for around 40's. No mechanical problem so far.

Great Car
By lmollstl on 01/18/09 07:46 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car since new and the only thing I have done to it besides change oil is to install new front brakes and battery. I have also replaced the tires twice. This is the first import I have owned and cannot believe the quality and reliability of it. No other car owned even comes close.

Lexus SC300 in disguse
By ms on 10/13/05 13:22 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe

I bought the car for my wife last summer and I must say that this car is incredible. Everything from the design to reliability. My wife is expecting and the car sits to low for her to drive now so I have the pleassure of driving it I have'nt driven my Lincoln Conntinnetal for over four months now. My friend has a Lexus SC300 I went to his house and parked my car next to his and except for the front and rear bumpers and other cosmetic differences it is the same car. I love it I plan to buy one for myself.

Excellent Vehicle - Highly Recommend It
By oicjj on 07/23/05 14:52 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe

I am so impressed with this car & my next car will the a Solara too! In the past I always owned American cars, but never again! I can not believe the difference between American & Import, it's truly unbelievable, there is no comparison. The reliabilty, the ride, the resale, the maintenance is night and day with American made and this Toyota Solora! I love this car-it runs on it's reputation! Owning this car has been one of the best things in my life. I am thinking of a new car and I promise it will be a Toyota Solara. I have researched cars & know my cars, so trust me when I say a Toyota Solara is an EXCELLENT CAR! I highly recomment them and will tell the world! :)

Reliability, Performance and Fun
By shbhatia on 06/13/05 16:03 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe

I bought this used 2000 Solara in 2004 with 24K miles on it. It has Potent V6 engine, Stick shift, leather interiors, sunroof... everything. I wanted to go for a BMW 330Ci but got this baby for less than half the price. I am extremely happy with the decision. This car is so comfortable that I can drive from Virginia to NY with minimum fatigue, a sports car can kill you for doing that. It's so reliable almost maintenance free. It very quiet to drive and pickup is unbelievable for a car of this size... it can fit 5 adults, 6'+ comfortably... fuel economy is good, looks great. Not to forget the sound system that great too... In short there is nothing bad about this car that I can share....

Solara is Great (except in snow)
By EmCrocker on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe

Bought used with 11k at 1 year old. Good pickup; handles well at high speeds. Not great in snow.

Great Car!!
By InvisibleDanielle on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for 2 years now and I haven't had any major problems. Just the normal ware and tear stuff like tires. It's a great car and I would buy another one.

A great two door but feel like a sedan
By Fast Amy on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe

Solara is even better than my last car, which was a BMW 325i. Solara was very reliable. In the last 3 years, the only thing was that I have to replace all tires due to my stop & go traffice every day. A very good car for anyone who loves performance and value.