Used 2000 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Till death do us part!
By Hal Kelly

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe

This is my second 2000 Toyota Solara. I purchased my first in 2009 when it had 103,000 miles on it. I really wanted a newer car, with less miles, but I "settled" for an old car with high mileage, wondering if I had made a mistake. Fast forward to September of this year, my 'mistake" now had 310,000 miles. It was beginning to show its hard, long mileage. So needing a reliable long distance vehicle for my job, I bought ANOTHER 2000 Solara with ONLY 176,000 miles from a couple that decided their poor old car was aging. Yay for me!

2000 Toyota Solara
By Gordon Beach

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe

I bought my 2000 Solara with 64,000 miles on it in 2002. I am still driving it today with 330,000 miles on it in harsh winters and hole riddled roads of Michigan. All I have had to do is basic routine maintenance, and replace the some suspension parts as they have wore due to all the mileage. I drive it back and forth to work (80miles round trip) every day, I could not have asked for a better car. I have had nothing but issues in the past with american cars, so I just bought my 16yr old a 1999 Solara with miles on it for school work and then college. Best car I have ever owned!

Excellant fun, sporty car
By rporterincincy

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe

We bought a bright red coupe automatic about 3 years ago when it had 57k miles on it. Now it has 84k. I've replaced the brakes, tires, spark plugs, battery, and a starter, all wear items (except the starter). The car is exceptionally smooth and quiet (like a sewing machine), the leather feels like the leather in a Avalon or Lexus, gas mileage is good (mid 20's), and has never let us down. This has been a great car for the kids to drive. It also makes me feel like a teenager when I drive it (long doors, sporty feel). It is not terribly powerful (135 hp), but it does not overwhelm a young driver with power either. It also has a surprising amount of back seat room.

Looks, leather interior, sunroof.

I'd like 2-3 more inches of headroom (tall waisted), and the arm that holds the seatbelt up should be a bit higher (comes to below my shoulder).

Incredible Car
By eastsideirish

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe

I bought my 2000 Solara used in '02 (with 61k) and had it for 10 years (ended at 162k).
I had a 89
Beretta and
93 Civic before buying my 1st Toyota.
Both were often in the shop so I bought this b/c of the Toyota reputation and it never let me down.
In 10 yrs all I did was replace the brakes & battery twice, the alternator and the air conditioning.
It rode smooth until some asshat hit & totaled it.
It was even pretty good in the snow!
If anyone is looking to buy a Solara I would highly recommend it--and trust me I'm not a "car guy".
My family was always American car owners. Now everyone owns a Toyota.
Well, except me, I bought a Lexus w/ all the $ I got for its high resale value!

The classic exterior. The comfortable interior. The fact that I rarely had to do anything with the car other than put gas in the tank and oil in the engine.

Sometimes in cold weather the audio system would freeze up and I couldn't change the radio station. And when the air was on high it would occasionally drip water on my feet.

Best car ever had
By Lane O.

2000 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe

Bought new in 2000. I've had 15-20 vehicles over my lifetime. This is clearly the best vehicle I've ever owned. Put 135k on it before giving it to my daughter and her husband. They'll probably put 100k on it and sell it to someone who will get another 100k or more. Reliability is freaky good. Replaced a battery, the exhaust, etc. as expected over the long period of time owned. No quality issues whatsoever.

-Smooth ride. -Quiet ride. -Very good for tall drivers. -Great design. -Unreal reliability. -Good power (V6). -Excellent interior layout (cabin storage, etc.) -Excellent comfort.

-More power. -Better mileage. -Yes I know these are in conflict!