Sex on Wheels
By toyotasolara on
1999 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe
I have owned this car since it was new and I have never had a moment that I couldn't share about it. I driven far and wide, through North America and I would definitely consider it to be the best car I have ever driven. It's smooth, quiet, luxuriously appointed, yet sporty and great to look at. The drive quality is above average, the performance is great, though over-time it's best to use Amsoil Synthetic Motor Oil to retain the original performance of the car. The car handles great after I added a custom 2002 Solara suspension to the car and slightly tuned the new shocks to give it a bit more grip and feel to the road! Overall an amazing car that I recommend to anyone that loves cars!
Favorite Features
I love the styling, it's very sophisticated, yet simply beautiful to look at. It's sophisticated because it's the first time Toyota took a different approach to making a car that is both aerodynamic and differently styled from other cars in its lineup. I love the perforated leather, the wood trim, JBL sound system, automatic lights, heated seats, auto-dimming mirrors, automatic climate control unit and the interior that is large enough to fit me (I'm 6'5", with longer legs). The torque is just perfect, gives me a great 0-100 time and the exhaust note is barely noticeable.
Suggested Improvements
Interior though may seem strong or feel strong at first, but in reality it's brittle. A button on my radio has fallen off, my visor's mirrors have either broken or fallen off, the rear handles to get in and out of the backseat have become loose and the money pocket area to the left of the steering column doesn't close. The car is VERY unreliable. Let me explain to you what has gone wrong: O2 sensor thrice, egr valve, steering pump, thermostat, water pump, suspension, shocks thrice, inner tie rods, battery replaced at one time 8 times in 2 years, alternator twice, resonator twice, heat sensor, transmission cable, fan belt twice and indicator switch (cost $150 to replace that).