1999 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Review: Future Classic

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Review

Future Classic
By Bob on

1999 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe

My last car got totaled by an idiot. Her insurance paid $4.5 K to buy another car.I saw this pearl color Solara SLEV6 99 with 123K miles on it. It was clean inside out and was fully loaded. Tinted glass, Climatic control, leather seats, spoiler, even 3 remote garage door openers. The seller wanted 6K but sold it for 3.9K so I spent the rest of the money on a timing belt. Now the car has 160K miles on it and over this period it has had 4 new tires, break pads battery, Starter, and is trouble free touch wood. It looks nice and modern and I have no car payments. Can't be bad.

It is a BMW class car less the badge. 6 cylinders gives effortless drive without being a gas guzzler. It also delivers an almost 4 cylinder mpg. The JBL sound system must alone be worth a fortune.

The older style looks sleeker than the recent models. Shame it has been discontinued. Only improvement I can think of is bringing it back to production. It is a beautiful ride. My kids love it.