1999 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Review: Best reliable coupe

1999 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Review

Best reliable coupe
By ave on

1999 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe

When I first looked for a vehicle I knew Lexus and Toyota are known for the best relaiability. I noticed that the Solara was every bit as good as the Lexus but without the huge pricetag. My buddy has the ES 300 and when I got my Solara he said hey they feel and drive the same! Even interior cosmetics are identical. I paid less and got the same car 3.0 V6 with all the goodies including Moonroof and JBL sound which is awesome! I had a major tranny problem ironiclly but Toyota replaced it! Saved me thousands! They said they never changed a tranny before on a Solara to date, mine was the first at that dealership.

Leather,Moonroof,JBL sound, Smooth ride and power delivery, Premium look and feel

Got to have heated seats! Steering mounted audio controls, Navigation as an option. Suspension still feels too cushy, and 16 inch skinny wheels are not on par with this car class.