1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Not So Pleased
By It's Not All That on 04/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

-Replace EGR valve at 30k-- took it to the dealer 5 times to figure this one out!!!~ very annoying -Sruts in need of replacing at 40k-- I agree,this should be recalled -24 mpg, not so great -CD player skips, possibly as a result of the strut problem-- $1500 to replace- - 2 weeks to figure this one out -big heavy doors that ding and get dinged -$600 to replace window due to vandalism-- not cheap! -Severe windshield glare

Oh, man! What a great car!
By Solarik on 03/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

No wonder that almost everybody who sees it and who is lucky enough to drive it fall for it the first minute. Well, sexy look, very cozy interior. Nice leather, comfortable seats. Engine is just Vow! Is it so powerful, that you stop to feel gravitation anymore, just acceleration. Ride is so incredibly quiet and smooth, it is like you are gliding over the surface. In two words, you can feel the touches of Godmother Lexus here. And you just donít wanna get off the car. Very roomy for a coupe (it is actually of Camryís size), so it is plenty of room on the back seats. Very powerful brakes.

Oh, my man!!!
By Analitik on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

I'm in love.... from the first minute I drove it. With its 6V do don't feel gravitation, just acceleration. Very smooth drive. Nicely loaded.

I think the front struts need a recall
By Frank Gonzalez on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

Everything has been great with this car except for the front struts that I have had to bring in to be serviced. That cost over $300. It is obviously a common problem and should be recalled and fixed by Toyota at no cost to the car owners.

Sweet Ride!
By Solaraguy on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

Anybody considering a great car to take long trips or cruising around town this is it!!! Although this car was geared for adults that didnt have to haul any kids around i.e 50yrs +, I bought it out of college and its been awesome. My car is fully loaded barring the side impact airbags and I have had no unusual issues.

So Far So Good
By Jeffry on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I spent over a year trying to replace a 1987 Audi 5000 Quattro for a reaonable cost and this is what I came up with. Most any other car I could afford had low frequency road noise rumbles which I can't stand. I'm 40-something but single and work in entertainment, so style is important. The Solara is a not- a-family car with enough room for 3 hotties in the back seat and a good sound system. To be called a "fly ride" by 20-something starlets and still attractive to middle age executive types of both sexes is a neat hat trick. Looks like a Lexus at a fraction of the price. 140 mph speedometers on cars that will never go that fast are truly stupid.

My best car to date
By REofOregon on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

I love this vehicle. It's comfortable for passengers and has plenty of trunk space even though it's a 2 door. It's a very quiet, comfortable ride on the highway. My only critique is the inability to hug a tight turn. Otherwise, it's a great car for a single or small family buyer.

WOW.....JUST WOW!
By Jesper Joackeas on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

THIS CAR ROCKS MY WORLD!

99 SLE
By CiVOL Engineer on 09/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

I have had the car for about 2 weeks and I like it more each time I get to drive it (it is my wife's to drive). We were really only looking at 99-01 Accord EX-VL cars until I noticed this on a local lot (certified). One drive made me forget about the Hondas. Smoother ride, better leather, and better styling than the Accord.

Great Car!
By Kbest01 on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

This is a great car! The interior is comfortable, nice leather, Fast, good stock jbl speakers, sun roof good, ac works great, What happened to the keyless Trunk pop? Only looking to sell to get a 2002 left over 0 finance.