Used 1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Great Car!
By Hermosillo

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

Great car, have had it for almost 7 years now, 120,000+ miles on it, not a single repair, no squeaks or rattles, still running as smooth as its first year. I have put many miles in Mexico on so so roads with no problems. Friends can't believe it rides so smooth and how good it feels and looks after 7 years and more than 100k miles. Have had all the services done at the dealer. Great for long trips, very comfortable, good mileage. I've driven the car from No Cal to Central Mexico, on rain, snow, desert, still running strong!

Reliability, smooth engine, fuel economy, interior, large trunk, A/C, comfort

Firmer suspension

Fabulous Car!
By Bethers

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

I work at a new car dealership, and I purchased this vehicle with 85K miles on it and it rides better than most of the new cars! I've yet to have any problems with the vehicle. The acceleration is fantastic, and the ride is very smooth. The Solara is very sporty yet practical, and an all around great vehicle

quick acceleration, cozy and roomy interior, and it drives like a much more expensive vehicle

not very fuel efficient

I Customized Mine
By MikeS

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

The car is a little boring if its stock. I TRD'ed mine and i love it, black with black wheels. I always get compliments and people mistake it for a 2004-2005. The only complaint I have is that i didnt get it in stick.. PS I got it with 72k miles on it and not one single problem..yet Buy with confidence. mike

one touch sun roof, and the tail lights.

stock car should be 1 inch lower to take some of that wheel gap out.

Wonderful Car
By H. Hart

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

My 1999 Solara SE V6 is a WONDERFUL car! For a first car, I thought it was too nice for me! I love the roominess of the two front seats and even the back seats. The sunroof is awesome and I love the one touch button that opens/closes or tilts it! Since this car is a Toyota, itīs going to be very reliable. I absolutely love the HUGE trunk! Everything is running smoothly with this car and my little sister canīt wait ītil she can drive it when I pass it down to her.

Sunroof/Trunk Space/ Reliability/ Luxurious Int. and Ext./Audio/Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel/Everything!

Nothing really, the only thing I donīt like is how the gas goes pretty fast! Thatīs just because I got a V6 though...and I drive a lot of miles to school every day!

Toyota does it again
By Isaac

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

What a wonderful car! I bought a 99' SLE with 60K and in 2 years i have had no problems, it now has 140K and the only thing i have done is change the oil every 3k and the brakes once. I didnt even bother with the timing belt. No problems!!! The check engine light is on and its because of the back oxygen sensor heater, there are like 6 banks and one is bad, but the thing is i probably get better gas mileage because of it. Any how its a wonderful car! Toyota ROCKS!

V6, sunroof, cd/tape player