Used 1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Fabulous Car!
By Bethers

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

I work at a new car dealership, and I purchased this vehicle with 85K miles on it and it rides better than most of the new cars! I've yet to have any problems with the vehicle. The acceleration is fantastic, and the ride is very smooth. The Solara is very sporty yet practical, and an all around great vehicle

Favorite Features

quick acceleration, cozy and roomy interior, and it drives like a much more expensive vehicle

Suggested Improvements

not very fuel efficient

I Customized Mine
By MikeS

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

The car is a little boring if its stock. I TRD'ed mine and i love it, black with black wheels. I always get compliments and people mistake it for a 2004-2005. The only complaint I have is that i didnt get it in stick.. PS I got it with 72k miles on it and not one single problem..yet Buy with confidence. mike

Favorite Features

one touch sun roof, and the tail lights.

Suggested Improvements

stock car should be 1 inch lower to take some of that wheel gap out.

Wonderful Car
By H. Hart

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

My 1999 Solara SE V6 is a WONDERFUL car! For a first car, I thought it was too nice for me! I love the roominess of the two front seats and even the back seats. The sunroof is awesome and I love the one touch button that opens/closes or tilts it! Since this car is a Toyota, itīs going to be very reliable. I absolutely love the HUGE trunk! Everything is running smoothly with this car and my little sister canīt wait ītil she can drive it when I pass it down to her.

Favorite Features

Sunroof/Trunk Space/ Reliability/ Luxurious Int. and Ext./Audio/Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel/Everything!

Suggested Improvements

Nothing really, the only thing I donīt like is how the gas goes pretty fast! Thatīs just because I got a V6 though...and I drive a lot of miles to school every day!

Toyota does it again
By Isaac

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

What a wonderful car! I bought a 99' SLE with 60K and in 2 years i have had no problems, it now has 140K and the only thing i have done is change the oil every 3k and the brakes once. I didnt even bother with the timing belt. No problems!!! The check engine light is on and its because of the back oxygen sensor heater, there are like 6 banks and one is bad, but the thing is i probably get better gas mileage because of it. Any how its a wonderful car! Toyota ROCKS!

Favorite Features

V6, sunroof, cd/tape player

Suggested Improvements

better gas mileage. mine gets only 23mpg

BEST CAR
By Tammy Bacmeister

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

I have enjoyed this car so much and would keep it if I wasn't having my first child. My husband even loved driving it b/c of the handling and performance.

Favorite Features

Two tone interior colors and outside design. I have a 1999 model.

Suggested Improvements

of course, even better gas milage, although, it's really not bad for a V6