1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
1999 SLE V6
By MARK on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

EXCELLENT RIDE FOR MONEY! I WOULD CONSIDER THIS CAR A POOR MAN'S LEXUS..HA HA!!! RESPONSIVE V6, GOOD TO EXCELLENT STEERING. GREAT COMFORT... LASTELY--BEST LOOKING COUPE IN CLASS BY FAR!

Solara Believer
By Solara Believer on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

I'm the original owner and love this car. It's handling in town and on the freeway is exceptional. It's got a lot of zip for a V6 and the interior is very quiet. I love the JBL sound system, as well as, the smooth ride. Very fun to drive.

I love my Solara V6 SLE
By Scott_in_Jersey on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

Fun car to drive with excellent excelleration & very good hanling. Increase your tire with to 215 to make the large wheel wells seem more propotionate. A+ car.

Just try to pass me!
By mi_trang_thui on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

Wow! I've finally found a car that I feel comfortable and relaxed in! I do more driving than the average person and most of it is in the city. I've had Mazda's, VW's, Chrysler's and several others. I very much appreciate the stability and comfort of my SLE. The leather is nice and the stereo is fun to crank. So far no mechanical problems and I have a feeling it will stay that way for some time.

Solara
By Rajat on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

this vehicle is overall a great car with outstanding performance and great looks...RELIABLE

We Love Our Solara XLE
By Jack & Kathy on 04/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

We have had the normal oil changes, have replaced the tires and brakes, maintenance is very low on this vehicle and the performance is that of the 944 Porche without all the problems. The car has 58,000 trouble free miles.

Best reliable coupe
By ave on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

When I first looked for a vehicle I knew Lexus and Toyota are known for the best relaiability. I noticed that the Solara was every bit as good as the Lexus but without the huge pricetag. My buddy has the ES 300 and when I got my Solara he said hey they feel and drive the same! Even interior cosmetics are identical. I paid less and got the same car 3.0 V6 with all the goodies including Moonroof and JBL sound which is awesome! I had a major tranny problem ironiclly but Toyota replaced it! Saved me thousands! They said they never changed a tranny before on a Solara to date, mine was the first at that dealership.

Anxiety-free car
By magkenz on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

I also have a '96 Toyota 4Runner and when I wanted a coupe, I tested all the cars in the category. I admit I wanted a different make than a Toyota, but the Solara blew away the competition in terms of looks and reliability and it drives like a luxury car. With my 4Runner, I have had only one problem with it since 1996 and that is a rear taillight bulb burned out - thus the Toyota reputation for quality is no rumor! I feel safe and comfortable and confident in this dream of a coupe.

Nice Car
By Solaraisgreat on 04/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

I bought this car certified after 48000. Still feels brand new. Design of car is appealing and earns a lot of compliments. The interior has a hint of Lexus in it, which makes it comfortable and inviting. I did have one problem with a rattle in the front of the car, which did not affect the performance, but was kind of annoying. Acceleration and power in the V6 is GREAT, but handling and power does not feel as sporty as the design suggests. However, the steering is VERY tight and responsive. Overall GREAT CAR!

Exceptional
By luv67fire on 04/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

This car is perfect if you are look for a sophisticated, yet sporty vehicle that will make you feel like they put the Toyota symbol on accident and forgot the Lexus symbol... I've drove many different Lexus and this drives and looks like a $30,000 car. My husband and I are still young and like sports cars... we actually went from a Nissan 300zx to the Solara and I must admit that I am loving the Solara much more! Since they have been out for a few years now, I would recommend finding a used SLE for a decent price. Definitely worth every penny spent!