Used 1999 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Great Solara
By Don S

1999 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe

Best car (of about 15) that I've ever owned. Only problems, driver's window mechanism, transmission solenoid, and struts - all replaced after 60k miles. Haven't needed to replace orginal brakes yet with 88k miles on vehicle. (20k miles cross country driving included.)

33mpg hwy, 25 city. Design is still in style.

Tricky getting into back seat. Altho back seat is comfortable, a 4 door would have helped.

Great car with lots of potential
By toy4x4boy

1999 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe

Bought my 1999 SE V6 5-speed used with 53,000 miles, now have 80,000. Besides the clutch that recently wore out, have had no problems. I have lowered the car and added 18s and this thing handles awesome now and the ride is way better than the floaty stock ride. Car has great power, never feels lacking, plenty of passing power. Fuel economy is not as good as I hoped though, lucky if I can break 27 mpg on the highway, I would think 30 mpg should be achievable with a 3.0 V6. Quailty is outstanding, interior materials are top rate mostly. Seats are very comfortable. Vehicles like this make you wonder why anyone would buy a new car, great value here.

V6, quality, dependability, roominess, looks... pretty much almost everything

Better fuel economy, factory sport package (18s, lower suspension, etc), remote truck release

Excellent eye catching car!
By blr1620

1999 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe

I have owned my toyota solara sle since september of 2004. I love this car. Fun to drive. eye catcher, everyone asks to see inside of it. Lots of room in the main part of the car and lots of room in the trunk. The only maintenance issue I had was egr valve gaskets, cheap and easy fix. I drove the car from oregon to arizona straight there only stops for gas. No problems.

My favorite features would be the roominess of the interior and trunk.

Suggested Improvements would be more horsepower. and a sport performance package.

Donna's Solara
By Donna Knight

1999 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe

Bought used, good deal, great car, nothing but regular maintenance required. Feels very safe, excellent ride, fun to drive. Love the V6 engine, good pickup on the highway.

Great pickup on highway, feels safe.

None

Great Car!
By Hermosillo

1999 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe

Great car, have had it for almost 7 years now, 120,000+ miles on it, not a single repair, no squeaks or rattles, still running as smooth as its first year. I have put many miles in Mexico on so so roads with no problems. Friends can't believe it rides so smooth and how good it feels and looks after 7 years and more than 100k miles. Have had all the services done at the dealer. Great for long trips, very comfortable, good mileage. I've driven the car from No Cal to Central Mexico, on rain, snow, desert, still running strong!

Reliability, smooth engine, fuel economy, interior, large trunk, A/C, comfort

Firmer suspension