1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
99 Solara
By kmarie on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

Love it! Fun to drive. Lots of get up and go and feel safe in it.

LEMON DUE TO MANUFAC. PLANT?
By LAN on 12/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

PURCHASED USED(12500); TOYOTA CERTIFIED;.fIRST, FRONT END NOISE;FIXED ONE YEAR LATER.NEXT ENGINE LIGHT ON WITHIN 3 MONTHS; SOLENOID? OR TRANSMISSION?.TRANSMISSION OIL DIRTY/BURNT EARLY ON;PROBLEMS 55000;INTERIOR WOOD GRAIN FADES; DEFROSTER HARD FOR ME TO OPERATE; LIGHTS AND DOOR LOCKS COMING ON NOW...ALWAYS SOMEIN..LEMON?

NICE RIDE
By Dawk Weed on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

I have had great success with my 1999 Toyota Solara SLE. I change the oil every 3500 miles and I only deal with Toyota for servicing my vehicle. The car is a dream to drive and it looks sharp too! I have leather power seats, moon roof, side air bags, nice cd player and an excellent resale value on it. Very nice car

Best car I've owned
By Sue Ann on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

I have owned much more expensive cars but none that perform day in and day out like my Solara

Comfortable Drive
By Canadian on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

My kids are desperate to drive this beauty but this is Dad's "chickmobile"! The car runs so quietly I have probably torn a few teeth off the starter thinking it has stalled! The front strut mounts (as I see with others owners) have both had to be replaced. The ABS brakes are way too sensitive and kick in at the least unevenness in the road surface when braking. It is a very comfortable drive for long journeys and has only let me down once with a dead battery. Had an window motor blow up which scared the pants off me but overall I would buy another Solara, providing it has the same quality interior as my 99.

In agreement with patomacdude
By Yolove on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

This is the best car I've ever had. I've gotten so many complements on this car, there's not a big difference in the 00,01,02 or 03 except for the lights in the rear. I love this car.

Nice but not reliable
By AlK on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

Room & comfort front & back great. Great acceleration if air off. Too many mechanical problems. Defective valve spring - took dealer 3 days to ID & fix engine when car was less than a month old. Front struts replaced @22,000 miles. Front brakes and rotors replaced & 22,000 and 35,000 for rust problems ($360). Anti-lock brakes extend stopping distance on rough surfaces and sometimes kick in for no reason.Car will be paid off soon & will be history before the brakes go again.

Best For Price
By gil geddes on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

I enjoy this car as much as I enjoyed my SL mercedes. The car is reliable to the extend its never been back to the dealer since new.

You won't find a Better Value
By potomacdude on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 1999 red Solara used a little more than a year ago. The previous owner had leased it and only put 17,000 miles on the car in over 3 years. It now has about 31,000 miles on it. This is the best car I have ever owned. The car is beautiful inside and out and an absolute pleasure to drive. The steering is tight, the ride is smooth and the back seats have ample space. I have had zero problems with this car, and it is now almost 5 years old. I expect to keep this car a long time and would heartily recommend it to anyone looking for a stylish, reliable and reasonably priced car. I doubt there is any car out there that is a better value.

One hot/fun/sexy/reliable car
By MIKEY on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

Very smooth/quiet ride. Responsive engine. I feel like I'm driving a Lexus. Great build quality. Lots of midrange punch. Very happy.