Used 1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Finally I found my car.
By RnR

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

I bought my 99 Solara with 97,000 miles on it in February 07, and I made my best vehicle purchase ever. This car is such a solid, well built, stylish, dream of a car that I can't believe it's almost 9 years old. Sometimes I just go places to drive it. Yes, I replaced the front struts, and then the strut plates. I put a Pioneer C.D. player (the stock one was broken) in the car. I also put a cold air intake on it to improve mpg. Big difference on trips, not so noticable in town. I also have a Tacoma, and Toyota totally rocks! I totally love my 99 Solara! Toyotas are the best value!

Everything about this car is beautiful: price, performance, quality, style.

The one thing that would make this car even better is a remote trunk release, but the car makes up for that in other areas.

The best!
By Misha

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for over a year now and already put 18000 miles on it. It is definitely the best car I've ever owned. Previous owner had installed TRD suspension kit so the car is lower then normal you have a better control. In the past year I had to replace generator, thermostat, brakes, clutch, 2 wheel barrels - not a big deal.

Lots of power! 200 hp, you could get it up to almost 300 hp with an optional TRD supercharger! Japanese made. Good gas mileage: ~30MPG

Beyond expectations!
By Loyal SLE-V6 lady

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

I have had a hard time deciding to pass this car to my son and buy a new one. I have a lot of highway miles and believe me that with 100% on time proper maintenance - this car can last a lifetime. No leaks, the only problem is that the paint and sealant is not thick enough. Can easily chip and there are two special body "mysteries" about a dime size that turned up after the warranty ran out. However, repairable.

Comfort; quiet; smooth - awesome engine.

The paint and sealant is not thick enough. Can easily chip and there are two special body "mysteries" about a dime size that turned up after the warranty ran out.

167,000 miles bought at auction
By Dana

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car at a auction with 130,000 miles. I have driven from SC to FL and SC to VA countless times. Now with 167,000 miles still runs great no problems at all! Very roomy, and fun to drive, looks great inside/outside. Im sold on toyota! I really don't want to sell it but with a baby I really need an SUV or sedan.

Love the wood grain, sound system is awesome, trunk space is huge! Back seat space is very comfy even with tall people or a packed car. Very reliable!!!! No road noise. Smooth ride.

Honestly can't complain, even if I wanted to.

Love my car!
By Michigan

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

I bought my car new and do not plan on selling it for a few more years yet. I drive a lot and a comfortable drive is important to me. I get this comfortable ride in my Solara. I love to drive with the sun roof open! It is very reliable with only a few minor problems. 1. Tires need replacement every 2 yrs. 2. The air bag light keeps coming on. Plug under the front seat that keeps coming loose. The dealer would not show me the plug so I will have to look for it myself. When someone rides in the back, they will touch it with their feet and the light will come on. 3. I replaced the struts, they were expensive, but that brought that smooth ride I love so much back again.

Moon roof, smooth ride, large trunk, roomy back seat, great sound system, auto headlights, sporty style, and leather seats.

1. I would like to see the accessory charger (cig lighter) work when the engine is turned off. 2. Auto trunk release on key ring. 3. Air bag signal wire more secure so the light doesn't come on when someone sits in the back.