Used 1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Great Car
By N/A

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe

Everything about this car seems to be great. I brought it for my daughter and so far so good. The car is 11 years old and it drives better than my wife Nissan Max.

Favorite Features

Style of the car inside and out.

Suggested Improvements

None

Great Car Fun to Drive
By Shawn

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

Bought the SE V6 5-speed manual brand new in Dec '98, shipped from the factory, arriving in Jan '99. Still enjoy driving it 11 years later. Regular maintenance is all that has been needed - the total cost of ownership cannot be beat. It is a sporty car that has an actual usable backseat and large trunk. At 153,000 miles, I'm sure it has many more miles left.

Favorite Features

Reliable, large interior and trunk with fold-down rear seats accommodates larger items. Comfortable seats, easy shifting.

JV'S '99 Solara
By jvj

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

This is the best car I have ever owned in over 40 years of buying them. I like some of the other reviewers are sorry that Toyota has decided to discontinue this model. I would have bought another if this one ever quits on me. I like coupes and it really fills the bill for me. The 4 cylinder has been just fine. Good on gasoline and has been very dependable.

Favorite Features

I like the size and weight of this car and how dependable it has been. Large gas tank and plenty of trunk room.

Suggested Improvements

I probably would not change anything. I would not have changed the body style to the after 2003 style.

Best car I ever bought
By travis aka superman

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

My God I am so grateful for this car I had it for 4 yrs now. Bought it with 75,000 now have 185,000 from the Toyota dealership. Only problems I've had is the starter, EGR valve, window motor, and a slight transmission leak but otherwise it have been a GREAT car. My goal is to get 400,000 miles out of this car.

Favorite Features

Roomy, good on gas, and reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Improve exterior and interior design.

Solara- Excellent Long Ranger
By Gene

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

I keep cars a long time. My '97 Solara should break my record for longevity. Brought it new and it now has 171200 miles on it. It is also a 5-speed (special ordered) V6, and the clutch is still original and still tight. Mileage is about 33mpg if I can keep my speed below 65mph. Reality has been excellent and I only had a suspension problem, which took Toyota several attempts, but was finally fixed. If you can get one used, it is an excellent choice.

Favorite Features

My 5-speed, because I know that there are very few around. Even service departments are shocked when I bring it in. It helps me with the gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing! It is fine and they have looked good with each new iteration.