1999 Toyota Camry Solara SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Best 2door!
By inlovewithmycar on 09/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe

after driving nissan honda and vw in two doors this car definatly takes the cakeee..the minute i drove it i fell in love with it, it has the smoothness that honda and so on lack..sounds great...i got the goldish with tan interior, leather is great...sle v6 engine is so quiet

Best Toyota I Ever Owned
By Phantom on 09/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe

From the minute I test drove one I wanted it. It handles great, and don't let anyone tell you a four cylinder engine doesn't perform. 135 horses is more than adequate for this car even with the air on, plus you get the benefit of great gas mileage. I'll put 100,000 miles on no problem. This is my 5th Toyota, and there will definitely be a 6th.

99 Solara is a GREAT Car
By dos1943 on 08/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe

Runs so silently that many people cannot believe the engine had been started. Fast and powerful for a 6 Cyl personal car

Fun Fun!!!
By roberam on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe

This is my 3rd Camry and it is by far the most fun to drive, I just bought this car with 60K miles but it still looks like new. This car was not in my shopping list, but after a test drive, I new this was more fun than any other car I tested, including a Lexus.It has everything you need and want in a car including a nice stereo and the reliability of a Toyota.

This is a HOT Car
By nosman517 on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe

I just got this car from my father who loved the car so much he purchased a new 2002 solara so i could take the older one. I love the car...learned to drive on this car and now at 18, i love having it to myself. The look is great and the sunroof is definitely a must have. Only problems with the engine came after an accident and were not because of the car's reliabilty. I put a new 2001 solara angine in it and now i REALLY moves. Only other problem is that the ac went during one of NY heat waves in March and now i need to replace it. Overall...A GrEaT CaR!!

Smooth, Sporty Ride
By Tif on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe

It's a smooth, sporty ride. Nice and quiet on the inside, and I travel bumpy roads at times. Absolutely no road noise, unlike the 2-door Honda Accord I test drove before buying the Solara. The V6 is peppy as well as fuel efficent. The 6 speaker JBL sound system is great, particularly when listening to CD's. Well worth the $$ spent for the "preowned" edition. (if you are lucky enough to find one!) New was a little out of my price range. The leather seats give it a luxurious feel.

Excellent
By alais on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe

I would diffently purchase this car again. I have had no maintenance problems. The paint has held up well. It is an overall great car.

Hard to beat
By prnitz on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe

The SE version of this car with the V6, 5 speed, leather package and moonroof are the way to go. Mine is black over charcoal. Beautiful car with typical Toyota quality build. Only thing I would add is a little more horsepower to keep up with the Acura and Accord in the same class. All in all, could not have made a better purchase for the money.

3 Years but feels like day one!
By Love My Solara on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe

Normally, I lease because I get sick of cars after jut 2 years. It's been 3 yrs driving my Solara SLE V6 and I still love as much as day one! I get tons of compliments of my car. My only trouble is that I can't decide if I should buy this lease out or get a new Solara! What a delema!

Solara SLE
By Solara Lover on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe

Bought the car a few months ago. Love it! Its Quick, tight, stylish, and smooth as silk. The previous owner put a trd sway bar and 215/55/16 toyo tires on the factory rims. It handles like a dream! The mirrors should fold though, and the sound is not as crisp as my maxima BOSE was.