1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe 3.0L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

SE V6 Coupe (3.0L V6 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Solara - 2nd half life better.
By Gene on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

Brought this special order 5-speed new. It was a good car for the first 5 years. Excellent wear and tear, great mileage (32 mpg on the highway), solid build, and sporty but smooth ride. However, an irritating noise in the suspension was a little irritating. After a recall of 4 door models for a suspension issue, finally Toyota investigated my complaint. They found I had the same issue, fixed it for free, now it is even better.

Great Car Fun to Drive
By Shawn on 05/19/10 19:31 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

Bought the SE V6 5-speed manual brand new in Dec '98, shipped from the factory, arriving in Jan '99. Still enjoy driving it 11 years later. Regular maintenance is all that has been needed - the total cost of ownership cannot be beat. It is a sporty car that has an actual usable backseat and large trunk. At 153,000 miles, I'm sure it has many more miles left.

Best car I ever bought
By travis aka superman on 10/31/09 10:26 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

My God I am so grateful for this car I had it for 4 yrs now. Bought it with 75,000 now have 185,000 from the Toyota dealership. Only problems I've had is the starter, EGR valve, window motor, and a slight transmission leak but otherwise it have been a GREAT car. My goal is to get 400,000 miles out of this car.

Solara- Excellent Long Ranger
By Gene on 09/02/09 08:57 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

I keep cars a long time. My '97 Solara should break my record for longevity. Brought it new and it now has 171200 miles on it. It is also a 5-speed (special ordered) V6, and the clutch is still original and still tight. Mileage is about 33mpg if I can keep my speed below 65mph. Reality has been excellent and I only had a suspension problem, which took Toyota several attempts, but was finally fixed. If you can get one used, it is an excellent choice.

The best!
By Misha on 12/03/07 13:22 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for over a year now and already put 18000 miles on it. It is definitely the best car I've ever owned. Previous owner had installed TRD suspension kit so the car is lower then normal you have a better control. In the past year I had to replace generator, thermostat, brakes, clutch, 2 wheel barrels - not a big deal.

Beyond expectations!
By Loyal SLE-V6 lady on 04/23/07 16:49 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

I have had a hard time deciding to pass this car to my son and buy a new one. I have a lot of highway miles and believe me that with 100% on time proper maintenance - this car can last a lifetime. No leaks, the only problem is that the paint and sealant is not thick enough. Can easily chip and there are two special body "mysteries" about a dime size that turned up after the warranty ran out. However, repairable.

Great car with lots of potential
By toy4x4boy on 07/23/06 18:02 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

Bought my 1999 SE V6 5-speed used with 53,000 miles, now have 80,000. Besides the clutch that recently wore out, have had no problems. I have lowered the car and added 18s and this thing handles awesome now and the ride is way better than the floaty stock ride. Car has great power, never feels lacking, plenty of passing power. Fuel economy is not as good as I hoped though, lucky if I can break 27 mpg on the highway, I would think 30 mpg should be achievable with a 3.0 V6. Quailty is outstanding, interior materials are top rate mostly. Seats are very comfortable. Vehicles like this make you wonder why anyone would buy a new car, great value here.

Excellent eye catching car!
By blr1620 on 06/02/06 13:06 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

I have owned my toyota solara sle since september of 2004. I love this car. Fun to drive. eye catcher, everyone asks to see inside of it. Lots of room in the main part of the car and lots of room in the trunk. The only maintenance issue I had was egr valve gaskets, cheap and easy fix. I drove the car from oregon to arizona straight there only stops for gas. No problems.

Donna's Solara
By Donna Knight on 04/21/06 11:41 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

Bought used, good deal, great car, nothing but regular maintenance required. Feels very safe, excellent ride, fun to drive. Love the V6 engine, good pickup on the highway.

Great Car!
By Hermosillo on 03/09/06 20:17 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

Great car, have had it for almost 7 years now, 120,000+ miles on it, not a single repair, no squeaks or rattles, still running as smooth as its first year. I have put many miles in Mexico on so so roads with no problems. Friends can't believe it rides so smooth and how good it feels and looks after 7 years and more than 100k miles. Have had all the services done at the dealer. Great for long trips, very comfortable, good mileage. I've driven the car from No Cal to Central Mexico, on rain, snow, desert, still running strong!