2014 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews

2014 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Hybrid model:
Ours is a 2009
By pleroma02 on 01/30/15 10:33 AM (PST)

2014 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/13 (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We've loved this vehicle until today when the engine light came on and we discovered that the hybridizing engine battery replacement is almost $5,000. Also, the electrically run wheels will drive your tires off at half life. If you are buying a Toyota Camry Hybrid to save money, rethink that. The dollars you save on fuel economy is way offset by the cost of tires and that trunk battery.

Toyota is slipping.
By lovetodrive123 on 05/09/14 20:26 PM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my fourth Toyota Camry and my second XLE hybrid. My 2011 hybrid vibrated when it was at rest. The 2014 is much improved in this respect. The 2014 also has quicker acceleration and better handling. In other respects, Toyota has really made the car less desirable. Most notably, the driver's seat doesn't have enough padding. It is rock hard and uncomfortable right in the middle. Can't imagine why they would save a little money and make such a big mistake in comfort. Also, I can no longer fit my umbrella in the side pockets on the doors. Everything falls out of the glove compartment on the passenger side. Glove compartment in the center no longer has the basket that held my pen.

Which Hybrid to choose....
By basictek on 01/01/14 07:34 AM (PST)

So I did tons of research that included the new fusion, sonata/optima, new accord, and toyota's own lexus/avalon. I would have preferred a kewler/sportier fusion but the slow and unproven hybrid system turned me off, the sonata/optima are lacking in mileage, reliability, build quality, and more (my last car was 2011 sonata SE). The avalon.Lexus charge too much for the exact same engine plus better styling, more standard features, and roomier interior (which the camry is plenty big enough). This left only the new accord, which has quite a few new features never before tried on a hybrid, and a price tag about 5K more. If I had more to spend I probably would have gone this route...