Used 2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Hybrid model:

New Hybrid Owner
By J. Pilon

2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just bought a used 2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid - 24k miles. Love the color, the features, the ride, the gas mileage! One odd flaw: for some reason, the driver seat in my very well taken care of pre-owned car is not very comfortable at all! It feels like there is a box under the seat! The cushion just doesn't provide enough comfort - which sucks for me - because I commute about 40 miles one way to work and am stuck in traffic here in Houston more than I'd like. I'm average height and build, so I don't think my size is the issue. The car is a little hard to get used to - hybrids make strange noises that non-hybrids do not! But overall, it rides very smoothly and accelerates like a dream! I'm averaging about 40MPG highway - awesome. I love my new Camry Hybrid - just do NOT think the comfort of the driver's seat is all that great.

Great Buy!!!
By Bill Kibble

2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

They're getting a great car!

Must include this model before decision!
By David B. Hilton

2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Overall mpg is fantastic. I've never owned a Hybrid car before and I wasn't ready to go all electric. This car was a welcome treat coming from a large 4-Door BMW sedan that averaged 17mpg TO now averaging 31+ mpg in the Camry. Long trips averaged about 40 mpg! This model is several thousand more than the standard non-hybrid. For those that plan on keeping the car for at least 5-years or longer can probably justify the higher price being off-set by fuel savings - especially when gas starts to climb up again. If you keep your car for only about 3-years or like to lease, than I would not recommend this model due to the higher cost. My lease is up in 5 more months. The car is in excellent shape and will be turned in with less than the maximum mileage limit. However, my purchase option (residual) is higher than the retail prices that I'm seeing right now.

Best Value, Quality, Performance
By yngturk

2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my wife's second Camry Hybrid. She loves the gas mileage, reliability, driveability and comfort. Not a single problem with either of her Camrys. And they hold their value like crazy!

Engineering, build quality, and the cross-traffic alert system is terrific. When you're backing, it alerts you to a vehicle coming at you crossways. It's an essential feature when backing out of a blind parking space or drive. I don't know how it works, but it's awesome.

Honestly can't think of any.

Not Getting neare 40 mpg
By donko

2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have about 9K miles on my 2012 XLE and I have yet to get near 40mpg. I get between 36-37 mpg in Eco mode. What gives? Should I contact my dealer on this and/or is this normal?

• SUV