2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Hybrid model:
Best Value, Quality, Performance
By yngturk on 06/03/14 13:28 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my wife's second Camry Hybrid. She loves the gas mileage, reliability, driveability and comfort. Not a single problem with either of her Camrys. And they hold their value like crazy!

Not Getting neare 40 mpg
By donko on 01/06/14 05:44 AM (PST)

2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have about 9K miles on my 2012 XLE and I have yet to get near 40mpg. I get between 36-37 mpg in Eco mode. What gives? Should I contact my dealer on this and/or is this normal?

Hard to Beat (And I've Tried)
By fitster on 07/10/13 13:43 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Okay, so the front seats could be more supportive, lumbar and laterally. But this car is the smoothest, quietest vehicle I've ever had...seamless...with a surge of torque when you want it...it truly drives like a buttery V6. I love having the drivetrain Lexus deems good enough for the $39000 ES. My 2012 got 38mpg and it was so good I'm now leasing a 2013 so I'm curious to see if the mileage will be exactly the same, should be. Excels in urban traffic 50-65 where you have to slow down a lot, always gets over 40mpg there. Recent trip of 1200 miles got 41mpg. Tires are great, quiet with actually good cornering grip (for a hybrid).

61.1 MPG
By ssood on 06/25/13 17:01 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I commute 40 miles a day. Traded in my 2010 Camry SE I4. for a mid-size hybrid under 25k. Test drove Optima hybrid, Sonata hybrid and the beautiful Fusion, sadly they couldn't keep up to their EPA estimates. Bought a Camry hybrid LE. 185 miles on the ODO and I am currently averaging 55-61 mpg. 67% city/33% hwy. I don't care about the looks but some rattles are unbearable. The sound quality is good. Seats don't support well but hey, I don't get to work tired..

Solid Value
By rmiddlemas on 05/04/13 13:18 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've put 2500 mainly highway miles on this new car. Averaging 41 mpg. I'm pretty tall and large (6'2", 240 lbs), but this car fits me extremely well (no sunroof, thankfully). Electronic steering assist does not give great feedback, but it surprisingly makes the front wheel drive feel very solid and absolutely neutral...no FWD steering torque. Engines' integration is absolutely flawless and the transmission is seamless. This is a very competent, solid car and is a screaming value...now, if they would put this drivetrain in the Venza!

Disapointed
By droycraft on 04/20/13 12:57 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Having driven a 97 Camry for 16 years and loved the smooth ride, I've been very disappointed with the much stiffer suspension in my new 2013 Camry XLE. Why did Toyota think Camry buyers would want to feel every single tiny imperfection in the road? Doesn't make any sense to me. Additionally, the front seat backs curve forward near the top of the seatback, pushing my shoulder blades forward. This has resulted in it being very difficult to find a comfortable driving position. (I'm tall). I love the hybrid drive system. It works wonderfully. I'm routinely getting in the mid to high 40s MPG. It also handles well and has plenty of power.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid in VA is:

$128 per month*