Used 2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Hybrid model:

Best Value, Quality, Performance
By yngturk

2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my wife's second Camry Hybrid. She loves the gas mileage, reliability, driveability and comfort. Not a single problem with either of her Camrys. And they hold their value like crazy!

Engineering, build quality, and the cross-traffic alert system is terrific. When you're backing, it alerts you to a vehicle coming at you crossways. It's an essential feature when backing out of a blind parking space or drive. I don't know how it works, but it's awesome.

Honestly can't think of any.

Not Getting neare 40 mpg
By donko

2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have about 9K miles on my 2012 XLE and I have yet to get near 40mpg. I get between 36-37 mpg in Eco mode. What gives? Should I contact my dealer on this and/or is this normal?

Hard to Beat (And I've Tried)
By fitster

2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Okay, so the front seats could be more supportive, lumbar and laterally. But this car is the smoothest, quietest vehicle I've ever had...seamless...with a surge of torque when you want it...it truly drives like a buttery V6. I love having the drivetrain Lexus deems good enough for the $39000 ES. My 2012 got 38mpg and it was so good I'm now leasing a 2013 so I'm curious to see if the mileage will be exactly the same, should be. Excels in urban traffic 50-65 where you have to slow down a lot, always gets over 40mpg there. Recent trip of 1200 miles got 41mpg. Tires are great, quiet with actually good cornering grip (for a hybrid).

keyless entry, push-button start reverses on battery before starting engine base stereo (LE) actually fairly good sound quality

back up camera on LE (now that it has touchscreen this seems like a no-brainer) plus all Hondas have them now!

61.1 MPG
By ssood

2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I commute 40 miles a day. Traded in my 2010 Camry SE I4. for a mid-size hybrid under 25k. Test drove Optima hybrid, Sonata hybrid and the beautiful Fusion, sadly they couldn't keep up to their EPA estimates. Bought a Camry hybrid LE. 185 miles on the ODO and I am currently averaging 55-61 mpg. 67% city/33% hwy. I don't care about the looks but some rattles are unbearable. The sound quality is good. Seats don't support well but hey, I don't get to work tired..

Touch screen audio, Bluetooth, fuel economy

Overall quality of the vehicle

Solid Value
By rmiddlemas

2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've put 2500 mainly highway miles on this new car. Averaging 41 mpg. I'm pretty tall and large (6'2", 240 lbs), but this car fits me extremely well (no sunroof, thankfully). Electronic steering assist does not give great feedback, but it surprisingly makes the front wheel drive feel very solid and absolutely neutral...no FWD steering torque. Engines' integration is absolutely flawless and the transmission is seamless. This is a very competent, solid car and is a screaming value...now, if they would put this drivetrain in the Venza!

Silky smooth and relatively lively drivetrain, solid feel and handling. Very quiet. Plenty of power over a pretty wide bandwidth. Taut ride, but not unpleasant. A real pleasure to drive. And my wife (5'1" ) loves it...we traded in her E320!

Needs electronic seats with memory for both front seats...memory is not an option on the hybrid Camry. Electronic seats are only available for the driver's seat with the XLE model.