Total Driving Enjoyment
By professor1053 on
2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
Traded our 2007 camry hybrid for the new model and couldn't be happier with this XLE version. Electronics more intuitive (espec. voice), seats way more comfortable, interior plastics are attractive (not cheap), mileage regularly at about 40 even in winter weather (cold DOES affect hybrid perf.). Love the USB port that holds my entire mus. collection called up easily on screen for scroll and pick (or simply hit voice and ask for an album or artist). The 200 horses beats the upcoming Ford Fusion, and they do make a difference. Velvet smooth acceleration with plenty of zip (unlike previous Camry). Car has a rock-solid feel with responsive steering. Learning to love the blind spot monitor.
Favorite Features
User-friendly electronics such as USB, Bluetooth, GPS are all worth the investment. Variable heat control for seats is great. The point here is that what could be overly complicated is made relatively simple in terms of operation. I figured out most of it without even consulting the manual. Curvature of the seats provides excellent lower back support even without using the lumbar adjust. GPS destination can also be set on the fly, unlike older version. Entune system hasn't really caught my attention yet. Note five-star safety rating and ten air bags! Honestly, this vehicle rides and feels like a luxury sedan--amazingly quiet (my wife and I both notice the difference)
Suggested Improvements
I'd like to see lane assist and some other high-end safety features added. Wood-grain paneling is also not an option for the hybrid--but I really like the interior's look. Honestly, having owned the previous hybrid incarnation for five years, it's as if Toyota took my checklist and systematically delivered improvements on all fronts--from safety to electronics to interior design to seat comfort. Oh, and the annoying small trunk on our old Camry has been replaced with lots more space. Car has performed flawlessly in it's first month (including extended highway driving), and barring some yet unseen problem, this is the best automobile we've every owned.