19 of 19 people found this review helpful
OH, WHAT A FEELING!!
By sparkland on
2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
This is our first hybrid but our fourth Camry.
We changed our allegiance from Toyota to Honda when the Camry appearance became a little too boring.
We traded in our 2008 Accord for this new and improved 2012 Camry Hybrid XLE.
My wife loves the superior mileage while driving back and forth to work in town.
The car is spacious and has one of the largest cabins of any car in its class.
The interior is quiet and comfortable.
The Camry seems like the "cone of silence" compared with our Accord on the highway.
The CVT transmission makes the auto shifting nearly impossible to detect--a very nice feature.
I know hybrids are not for everyone, but please at least take a test drive--impressive.
* Mileage is outstanding, especially in the city
* Appearance is improved and looks stylish
* Reliability should be high being a Toyota
* Entune is a nice feature for weather, sports, etc.
* Road handling is fine
* Dash layout is convenient and attractive
* Price is a little high for Hybrid technology
* Darker leather upholstery would be nice on Hybrid similar to the SE
*BSM should have an audible signal not just a blinking light