2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
This is our first hybrid but our fourth Camry.
We changed our allegiance from Toyota to Honda when the Camry appearance became a little too boring.
We traded in our 2008 Accord for this new and improved 2012 Camry Hybrid XLE.
My wife loves the superior mileage while driving back and forth to work in town.
The car is spacious and has one of the largest cabins of any car in its class.
The interior is quiet and comfortable.
The Camry seems like the "cone of silence" compared with our Accord on the highway.
The CVT transmission makes the auto shifting nearly impossible to detect--a very nice feature.
I know hybrids are not for everyone, but please at least take a test drive--impressive.
* Mileage is outstanding, especially in the city
* Appearance is improved and looks stylish
* Reliability should be high being a Toyota
* Entune is a nice feature for weather, sports, etc.
* Road handling is fine
* Dash layout is convenient and attractive
* Price is a little high for Hybrid technology
* Darker leather upholstery would be nice on Hybrid similar to the SE
*BSM should have an audible signal not just a blinking light
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.