love our 2012 camry hybrid
By nwcamryhybrid on
2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
We love everything about it and are so glad we decided on good ol’ dependable Toyota instead of something else. We got it as a commuter car as well as a family car. We love the leg room on the back so the kids can have a comfy ride to gramma’s house. We wanted the 7 inch navigation that unfortunately came with a lot of other pricey upgrades, but even so, we are very happy we got this car. Some critics say this car does not “stand out.” Well, we don’t want to stand out. We wanted non-flashy, dependable quality, and we got it in our Camry Hybrid. We want something that is sophisticated instead of trendy. The Camry has a classy, timeless look.
Favorite Features
We get 43-44MPG average when the weather is in the 40°-50°F range. We get 39MPG when the weather drops into the 30’s. The key for better MPG is a trip that is longer (than the 5mi run to grocer) so that the engine/battery has time to warm up. Love the easy to use Navigation and Entune. I expect this camry to be running when we have added 300k miles to it. Go, Toyota!
Suggested Improvements
The leather seats have suede "accents." I would rather the seats are all leather. The dash is covered with stitched leather instead of last year's plastic. I would prefer the plastic dash and have some savings. Remember your target customers: middle class working families, not hoity toity critics that sip champagne for lunch.
By scubatan
on 02/08/12 13:14 PM (PST)

I notice it's hard to achieve 43MPG on local in Atlanta winter, maybe it will get better when it's warmer. I found it true with our Prius.

By johntcallaha
on 04/19/12 11:33 AM (PDT)

I find the opposite of the advertised 43 local and 38 highway. I am averaging up to to 45 highway and 38+ local. Exceptional vehicle!