2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Review: Gas mileage - pretty good!

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Review

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan

Gas mileage - pretty good!
By millese on

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased a 2012 Toyota Hybrid Camry a few weeks ago and am disappointed with the gas mileage. I drive around town mostly, no fast starts, coast whenever possible - getting about 36 mpg on the last 2 fillups.
I took it to the Toyota mechanic and couldn't find anything wrong. He said there is no break-in period needed to get the expected average 41 mpg.
Frustrated owner!
Since I wrote this 2 years ago, I can say that I've learned that the advertised 41 mpg is the average based on a fairly warm climate with little A/C or Heat used. I live in New England so the heat is on for months which does decrease the gas mileage. I'm happy with the mileage I'm getting. It's March and I'm getting about 36 mpg.

• Outward visibility
  • Rain snow traction
  • Headlights

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By hybrid34
on 06/16/13 21:59 PM (PDT)

Good luck, we have had ours about a year and we got the break in period story, then after about 6 months we were told nothing was wrong by the dealer. When we called Toyota corporate we were told that 34 MPG was within the range of what we could expect.

By empoweredbc
on 04/09/13 09:52 AM (PDT)

You've had the car for two fillups. Calm down! Can you give the car a proper break-in period before crying? It's off 12%, not 30%, like the new Ford hybrids.