Chose XLE Hybrid over Fusion Hybrid
By moviefan on
2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I was researching new cars for many months; primarily the new Fusion hybrid. I was at a dealership all ready to order the titanium hybrid and for some reason they couldn't get in the order banks. So I left, ready to return in a few days. Not sure what made me have a change of heart, but I started looking at the Camry hybrids. So I took one for a test drive (I rented one back in June for a vacation and liked it) but I don't remember it being this comfortable. The Fusion was gorgeous, but the cabin was too confining. The Camry just felt all-around much better. So at the end of the day I bought a fully loaded brand new XLE for over $4000 less than sticker with 0.9% and I couldn't be happier!
Favorite Features
Love the way it handles, comfortable ride, great field of view, excellent touch screen and radio. Love the suede/leather combo seats. You get the comfort of leather without the entire seat being leather and all the discomforts that come with it (hot and sticky in summer). Great styling too. Not as sexy as the Fusion, but I love it none-the-less. The Fusion's side pillars are very thick and the windshield kinda slopes down making the cabin feel somewhat tight and confining. The Camry has a much more open feel. I love it. I was also lucky enough to have my dealer switch the tires for me from the Bridgestone Turanza that came on it to the Michelin MXV4's!
Suggested Improvements
Need to fix the sunglass compartment. Sunglasses do not fit well in there. Also need to have the tray on the top part of the armrest. I have an 04 Camry that has it and I have no idea why or when Toyota stopped putting it on there but they need to at least offer an option or aftermarket tray. Moonroof sliding plastic door is very cheap and it feels like a cheap paper plate. No sturdiness whatsoever.