Best car I've ever driven in the first week
By briguywi on
2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I've only had my new 2012 Camry Hybrid for a week, but so far I have nothing to complain about. Drives perfect, great mileage, at or better than what Toyota claims, and the car rides beautifully, quiet, comfortable, seems well-built and the interior feels very plush and upscale. I've never owned a new sedan before that has absolutely no annoying issues (that usually show up within the first week. SO glad I passed on the Sonata Hybrid and waited for the Camry.
Favorite Features
Entune system with the nav and music apps, interior fit and finish, ride, quiet, steering, comfort and great gas mileage
Suggested Improvements
Styling is a bit too conservative, but at least it's not overly gimmicky. The inset ultrasuede panels on the leather seats are kinda a weird color, but maybe it's just me....
By moosemeat
on 11/22/11 20:34 PM (PST)

Hi briguy....I had a 2009 camry hybrid and had to get rid of it because the cloth seats were killing my back. I 4 hour trip resulted in bad back pain. Can you comment regarding the comfortof the driver seat? I heard Toyota has upgraded the seats...I hope so. Plan on checking out the 2012 after the new year. Thanks.

By briguywi
on 12/01/11 07:36 AM (PST)

Moosemeat, I haven't taken the new Camry on a trip more than an hour, so no info on long-term seat comfort, but my initial observations are that the seat is firm yet very comfortable, and the electronic lumbar support is awesome... really pumps out a ton of support if you want it.