2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Hybrid model:
Best Hybrid or sedan right now
By stevenh2 on 01/19/12 11:08 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

THIS 2012 CAMRY is amazing, got a xle fully equipped in white beige interior. the ride is excellent,the inside space is very good,the mileage ,ist fill 40.4 mpg 2nd 38.6 mpg 3rd.42.4 mpg.. city 60%40% hwy.amazing.it has a spare tire,the car can move0-60 in 7.2 sec.. better than a four cyl,almost as good as a six cyl.no hessitation like the sonota hybrid.bigger trunk,.bigger than ther fusion,the sun roof on the fusion hits my head. negatives- the car is going back to repair the stching on the leather which is crimped &looks cheap,electronic steering to loose. also cheap plastic inside otherwise a great car.consumers rated it 93 thats the highest no right now.

Much More Than Expected
By camry_fan on 01/18/12 10:08 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The 2012 Camry Hybrid is outstanding. Comparing it (from many test drives) to the Fusion, Optima, and Sonata hybrids, overall it is the best in terms of quality, performance, comfort and on par with all in terms of fuel economy. The Camry Hybrid is quiet, solid, comfortable, and moves when you need it to. Total quality. After 2700 miles, a solid 38.3 mpg avg cty/hwy. Entune infotainment is great. I was originally set on an Optima. After seeing repeated negative owner comments for noise, seating, performance, maintenance I started looking elsewhere. Furthermore, complete piece of mind. No worries about salesperson & maintenance competence or manufacturer quality as with Kia and Hyundai.

love our 2012 camry hybrid
By nwcamryhybrid on 01/16/12 18:23 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We love everything about it and are so glad we decided on good ol’ dependable Toyota instead of something else. We got it as a commuter car as well as a family car. We love the leg room on the back so the kids can have a comfy ride to gramma’s house. We wanted the 7 inch navigation that unfortunately came with a lot of other pricey upgrades, but even so, we are very happy we got this car. Some critics say this car does not “stand out.” Well, we don’t want to stand out. We wanted non-flashy, dependable quality, and we got it in our Camry Hybrid. We want something that is sophisticated instead of trendy. The Camry has a classy, timeless look.

Great car. Amazing ride quality and comfort.
By vijayk on 01/08/12 16:45 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car 2 months ago as so far, I love it. Road noise is almost zero and the ride quality is great.The first thing anyone notices about this car is how quiet it is. The front grill has been redesigned for this model and it does look like an acura from some angles. Build I have been getting an average of 38 mpg on highways and local roads combined and it is pretty good considering that the temperature here in kansas city has been hovering in the high 30's since I bought the car. I expect it to get a little more mileage once the weather gets warmer. Accelerating is not mind-blowing but if one turns off eco-mode the car does start jumping.

Best car I've ever driven in the first week
By briguywi on 11/21/11 16:11 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've only had my new 2012 Camry Hybrid for a week, but so far I have nothing to complain about. Drives perfect, great mileage, at or better than what Toyota claims, and the car rides beautifully, quiet, comfortable, seems well-built and the interior feels very plush and upscale. I've never owned a new sedan before that has absolutely no annoying issues (that usually show up within the first week. SO glad I passed on the Sonata Hybrid and waited for the Camry.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid in VA is:

$119 per month*