2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Hybrid model:
I love this car!
By applegator on 12/05/12 13:37 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my second Camry Hybrid, my first was a 2008. The ride is smooth, seats are very comfortable and MPG has been improved since 2008! Since this is our commuting vehicle this is very important to us. The trunk is bigger now as well! I love the back up camera which is new.

Stay Away from Toyota Hybrid False MPG estimate
By suemcsuey on 10/03/12 07:20 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had high hopes for the 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid. The claim to get 43mpg city and 39mpg hwy for a combined estimate of 41mpg. NOT! I have had for 10,000 miles 7 months and I average 31.4 mpg. I bought this car because of all the city driving I do. I drive the kids 20 miles each way to and from school. I do a lot of driving for my job. This has been the worst experience ever. I have contacted Toyota Customer Experience Center because this is where the dealer directed me after my numerous complaints. I went yesterday to dealer for yet another test and wasted 7 hours. They say it checks out fine with no problems. I think getting 10 miles less per gallon is a pretty huge problem that is being overlooked. That is the problem. Stay away from Toyota and their false (Estimate) Buy a Honda I've owned 4 and never had any problems with the cars or customer service. I only chose Toyota because of their history with the Hybrid.Unhappy Toyota Camry Hybrid Owner

5,000 miles trip
By wtibbyj on 08/28/12 07:03 AM (PDT)

Took a trip from Omaha to New Brunswick and back. Best combination of mpg, power, & comfort. Between 70 & 75 mpg got better than 39 mpg, quick passing regardless of speed, effortless cruising whether going up mountains, or with four adults, and snappy pick-up whenever asked. Electric lumbar support proved invalueable for the longer trips. Several passengers appreciated the rear ventilation duct and the rear seat space and comfort. Style and color not trendy but with privacy glass, looks classy but still seems conservative. Steering is responsive and precise. The controls are easy to adjust to and reach. Overall the ride is quite solid and relatively smooth. So far, great reliability

Having your cake and eating it
By ijennings1 on 08/25/12 19:28 PM (PDT)

This is my first Camry. Recently I owned a 2010 Mazda 6 3.7 and a 2012 Kia Optima 2.4. The Camry simply is a class above these two. I hadn't even driven a Camry or a Hybrid before June this year. I believe cars should go around bends when asked to, which is why I never owned one. However, Toyota have re-worked the suspension and it handles better than my Mazda, although not quite as good as the Optima. The hard ride is new to Camry owners, but it is there, believe me. However, it holds the road well, the Bridgestone Turanza tires appear to help.

Motorboating
By cowboy32 on 08/19/12 20:11 PM (PDT)

A weekend trip to Texas found my TCH leaving a wake in the heavy rain soaked pavement. It did cause me to drive slower then but otherwise there was quite a bit of 75 MPH driving. All in all we covered 681 miles on 16.803 gallons before stopping to fill up. 40.53 MPG = Great for this driving. The car handled well on all surfaces and proved to be quite and comfortable as well as enjoyable to drive. Glad we got it . The local hailstorm saved me 35%. (Well just 25% off of sticker after repairs). Happy as a hog in new mud!

1500 mile road tewst.
By cowboy32 on 07/26/12 20:30 PM (PDT)

An odd turn of events found me picking up my sons new TCH and delivering it to him in Miami Fl. I left OKC and drove out of Oklahom across Arkansas Clipped the corner of Tennessee and drove the whole North side of Mississippi. Finally after 651.2 miles I stopped in Alabama and filled up. It took 16.005 gallons which yielded a MPG of 40.6+ MPG. aT 1053 MILES i filled it again and still had 40.6+ mpg for the trip. All of this was at approx 72MPH. Once I entered Florida the traffic dictated that I should drive 75 or 75+ so I did. That run got 37.5 or so. Yes we did get 55 and 57 on a couple of controlled runs at low speed but as far as the real world of interstate driving is concerned 40 is OK.

Very impressed!
By rebmo1 on 07/22/12 18:56 PM (PDT)

I’m going on 1000mi and so far fantastic car. First looked at the L4 but the hybrid got my attention. I was never too interested in hybrids, either too small or not enough mileage difference between the regular gas versions, but that's all changed on the Camry. It has great power and incredible gas mileage for a mid size sedan. Other than the spaceship sound (kind of cool) when you brake (regenerative power transfer) you can hardly tell it’s a hybrid. Wow! The looks have been sharpened and the interior is very comfortable for me. Traded my reliable 2005 Camry LE and am very pleased with the new Camry and first hybrid for me. I'm getting low to mid 40mph consistently with about 80% rural highway and 20% 25-35mph rural roads near home and work.

THE 2012 TOYOTA CAMRY XLE HYBRID offers the BEST VALUE, DRIVE,COMFORT, RIDE, AMENITIES & MILEAGE EVER!!
By mls4deals2 on 07/17/12 14:46 PM (PDT)

Best Car Of The Year Value, Drive,comfort, Ride, Amenities & Mileage!! — I have owned 3 camrys and two Avalons the latest being a 2011 Avalon LIMITED with all the bells and whistles. I LOVED THE AVALON...but didnt like the Mileage (23 mpg avg). I found out the Avalon body style is changing to look like the Lexus 460 THIS YEAR (in 2 MONTHS!) AND DISCOVERED MY VALUE WOULD GO DOWN ABOUT 6K TO 10K THIS YEAR! TIMING WAS PERFECT as the deal offered me by my fleet mgr was full value for trade and back of invoice for ybrid Camry:) My Gas & insurance bill dropped in half!! Who could ask for anything more??

HYBRID ALL THE WAY!
By danq3 on 06/20/12 11:10 AM (PDT)

First time hybrid buyer, just got 2012 camry hybrid xle w/ full option minus blind spot monitor & hdd navi. This car demonstrates toyota is the undisputed king of Hybrid. Zippiest hybrid ever & you'll never be dissapointed for lacking in power. Cruising 50-60 & need to take over a car... it will respond like it has a rocket booster, you'll literally feel the boost & it's a blast. It has a exceptionally refined exterior and interior however the seat are super firm esp. with leather so your butt may feel bit soar after a long ride but because the cabin is so comfortable otherwise minor discomfor w/ soar bum is easily forgotten. All important real world Mpg is 37 city 42 hwy so far...

Best Hybrid I have ever owned or driven!
By djmontierth on 06/13/12 13:34 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have been driving Hybrids since 2004. I owned a Prius, and Insight. I have driven the Fusion and was seriously considering the new Fusion to come ... someday... I have driven the Volt and the techno wizardry is way cool but the numbers and economy for my long commute don't make sense. I drove the Priuc C and it is cool and efficient to be sure.. Easily averaged 57mpg but it seemed small like my Honda Insight. I drove the 3rd Gen Prius and thought it a major improvement over my 2nd Gen in ride and economy. Then I drove the Camery and practiced my hyper-milage skills I learned just to see what I could do around town. I got 63 in town and 53 on the hwy. Driving normal I got 47 mpg

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan in VA is:

$122 per month*