2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Hybrid model:
Our second Camry Hybrid
By 2000kdriver55 on 07/14/14 05:59 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

With about 10,000 miles under our belt and this being our second Camry hybrid I would say this is a great car. Our 2008 Camry Hybrid got about 36 mpg over all and this 2012 gets about 41. My best tank so far has been 43 mpg mixed, with about half of that being 75-80 mph highway driving. As before we have noticed that very cold or hot weather reduces the mileage greatly. I think the interior is well designed and the seats very comfortable. I would however like to have my full leather seats back as I don't care for the cloth panel seats as much. Love that the trunk space is so much greater than the 08 model.

Chose XLE Hybrid over Fusion Hybrid
By moviefan on 01/01/13 12:48 PM (PST)

I was researching new cars for many months; primarily the new Fusion hybrid. I was at a dealership all ready to order the titanium hybrid and for some reason they couldn't get in the order banks. So I left, ready to return in a few days. Not sure what made me have a change of heart, but I started looking at the Camry hybrids. So I took one for a test drive (I rented one back in June for a vacation and liked it) but I don't remember it being this comfortable. The Fusion was gorgeous, but the cabin was too confining. The Camry just felt all-around much better. So at the end of the day I bought a fully loaded brand new XLE for over $4000 less than sticker with 0.9% and I couldn't be happier!

Boring and Overpriced
By oildrip on 12/28/12 10:52 AM (PST)

Where do you start with this strange car. The trunk is taken up with the battery so I'm not sure why they bothered with the tiny opening from one rear seat that is capable of folding down, I guess a broom handle can fit through there. Very little trunk space, a few suitcases and it's full. The cloth seats are cheap and not very supportive, the leather are much better. The interior screams cheap, the navigation has a very poor resolution display. The winning noise as you slow down drives you crazy in city driving. I find the start and stoping of the engine also very anoying and very noticable in this car.

Love my Camry
By striner23 on 12/27/12 19:56 PM (PST)

I'v had my Camry since Feb 1012. I have 11,000 miles on it. I traded in my 2010 Prius for this car. I like my Prius but my Camry is so much more car. My wife has back pain and has a hard time riding in any car as she feels every bump. She has really notice the ride in the Camry to be more comfortable then any other car she has rode in. I was getting 42 mpg mixed driving all summer. Now that winter grade gas is out my mpg is 38 mixed driving. I warm the car for 15 min's before driving. This is the same consistency I was getting with my Prius. Winter grade gas has a higher vapor pressure to help your car start in cold climates. This also will cause you to get 2 to 4 mpg less.

First impressions
By stephenupton on 12/06/12 16:27 PM (PST)

Second time around Camry Hybrid owner, did over 60k miles in my 2010 all trouble free but was suffering a boredom attack so wanted to try the 2012 model, pretty much the same except for the little EVO button, press it in and be ready for some fun, even will give the V6 a run for its money and still do 40 MPG

I love this car!
By applegator on 12/05/12 13:37 PM (PST)

This is my second Camry Hybrid, my first was a 2008. The ride is smooth, seats are very comfortable and MPG has been improved since 2008! Since this is our commuting vehicle this is very important to us. The trunk is bigger now as well! I love the back up camera which is new.

5,000 miles trip
By wtibbyj on 08/28/12 07:03 AM (PDT)

Took a trip from Omaha to New Brunswick and back. Best combination of mpg, power, & comfort. Between 70 & 75 mpg got better than 39 mpg, quick passing regardless of speed, effortless cruising whether going up mountains, or with four adults, and snappy pick-up whenever asked. Electric lumbar support proved invalueable for the longer trips. Several passengers appreciated the rear ventilation duct and the rear seat space and comfort. Style and color not trendy but with privacy glass, looks classy but still seems conservative. Steering is responsive and precise. The controls are easy to adjust to and reach. Overall the ride is quite solid and relatively smooth. So far, great reliability

Having your cake and eating it
By ijennings1 on 08/25/12 19:28 PM (PDT)

This is my first Camry. Recently I owned a 2010 Mazda 6 3.7 and a 2012 Kia Optima 2.4. The Camry simply is a class above these two. I hadn't even driven a Camry or a Hybrid before June this year. I believe cars should go around bends when asked to, which is why I never owned one. However, Toyota have re-worked the suspension and it handles better than my Mazda, although not quite as good as the Optima. The hard ride is new to Camry owners, but it is there, believe me. However, it holds the road well, the Bridgestone Turanza tires appear to help.

Motorboating
By cowboy32 on 08/19/12 20:11 PM (PDT)

A weekend trip to Texas found my TCH leaving a wake in the heavy rain soaked pavement. It did cause me to drive slower then but otherwise there was quite a bit of 75 MPH driving. All in all we covered 681 miles on 16.803 gallons before stopping to fill up. 40.53 MPG = Great for this driving. The car handled well on all surfaces and proved to be quite and comfortable as well as enjoyable to drive. Glad we got it . The local hailstorm saved me 35%. (Well just 25% off of sticker after repairs). Happy as a hog in new mud!

1500 mile road tewst.
By cowboy32 on 07/26/12 20:30 PM (PDT)

An odd turn of events found me picking up my sons new TCH and delivering it to him in Miami Fl. I left OKC and drove out of Oklahom across Arkansas Clipped the corner of Tennessee and drove the whole North side of Mississippi. Finally after 651.2 miles I stopped in Alabama and filled up. It took 16.005 gallons which yielded a MPG of 40.6+ MPG. aT 1053 MILES i filled it again and still had 40.6+ mpg for the trip. All of this was at approx 72MPH. Once I entered Florida the traffic dictated that I should drive 75 or 75+ so I did. That run got 37.5 or so. Yes we did get 55 and 57 on a couple of controlled runs at low speed but as far as the real world of interstate driving is concerned 40 is OK.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan in VA is:

$119 per month*